Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Has anyone applied for a stay order before? Advice needed please

(1 Post)
Bambi12 Wed 29-Mar-17 13:09:27

Looking for dome advice please.
After many years if being unhappy I've finally decided to divorce my husband.
However he is refusing to leave the family home. States he's not walking away with nothing & if I want to leave him I should be the one to go.
We have a young daughter & pets who will all stay with me. I will struggle to get rented accom with pets & I do not want to leave home.
I have been advised I can apply for a stay order & wondered if anyone else has gone down this route before? Or how successful stay order applications are? As I don't want to go through all of this if there's a high chance it'll be rejected by the courts.
He no longer wants the house, he wants it sold. But the house is in negative equity & won't sell easily as its a post-flooded property. So if it was to sell the only outcome is both parties will be homeless & we have a massive debt to repay to mortgage company.
I font think he has good grounds for demanding to sell. My grounds for wanting to stay are that I will struggle to get secure alternative accommodation with my child, pets & with the low wage I am on, I won't be able yo get on property ladder again.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now