Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friends :/

(7 Posts)
jcheshire94 Wed 29-Mar-17 00:00:01

Is it really good to have friends. As all my past friends seem to just want to stop being friends with me. I'm not sure why I don't think I do anything wrong. It's just so hard to find people to be friends with and make it last and that won't get bored. Does anyone else have this problem

Thebluepen Wed 29-Mar-17 10:54:00

I think it can be difficult to make and keep friends.

Sometimes it's not about us though, people have busy lives and can't commit to the friendship and put the time and energy into it.

Some people need to have loads of friends, others aren't bothered by it.

jcheshire94 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:00:36

Thankyou ,
I guess your right it does take time and effort to interact with people full stop. I just wondered as most people I've became friends with have only lasted longest of a year and then they tend to slowly disappear.

LiveLifeWithPassion Wed 29-Mar-17 15:08:02

There's a tricky balance to maintaining long friendship.
How much time to invest and how much to expect.
How are you in friendships? Are you needy or distant? What are you expecting from friendships?

jcheshire94 Sun 02-Apr-17 11:05:14

I don't think I'm needy at all. I keep my distance but not too much just so I don't smother them cause I wouldn't like to be like that so I'm not sure

pippasloan Sun 02-Apr-17 11:43:00

I have exactly the same problem confusedblush I feel your pain! Xxx

jcheshire94 Wed 05-Apr-17 23:45:01

Yeah sometimes it can be very frustrating and upsetting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now