Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What the heck do I do now?

(90 Posts)
Soconfusedandsohurt Tue 28-Mar-17 11:40:28

I woke up this morning to my partner having a go at me that the floor hasn't been mopped and I've been napping, he pulled me up by my arm roughly and in my defence I struck him round the face.
He dropped my arm and I legged it to the bathroom and tried to barricade myself in but he broke through, I knew he was going to hit me so I crouched and covered my face/head and he punched me repeatedly in my thighs and stomach.
I screamed for him to stop and that he was hurting me and he finally left, he's taken a bag and all the phone chargers but I don't know where on earth he would go too, so I'm assuming when he's done going into work he'll come back here.
I have been planning to leave him but was waiting for primary school placements to come out so I knew what area I needed to be in - this was obviously before this attack.
The bruises have already appeared in full force and are so hot and I can't really sit down, I have a tiny baby and a 4 year old with him.
I'm just sitting here crying my eyes out I don't know what the hell to do. He's taken the car (it is his car). I live 250 miles away from any family and I know my mum would drive up for us in a heartbeat but she's been booked in for a hysterectomy and today and obviously is going to be in no fit state.
I don't know what to do I am so, so hurt. I think he has also taken my keys and locked us in as I can't find them.
Where the fuck do I start? I knew shit was bad, not this bad. what do I do? I have I think around 3 hours until he is back.
Sorry if none of this is making sense I'm not thinking straight

BumbumMcTumtum Tue 28-Mar-17 11:42:26

Where are your children now?
Get somewhere safe and call the police.

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 11:42:52

Call the police and have the fucker arrested! Poor you! Is it your house or a rental?

Whirltime Tue 28-Mar-17 11:43:12

I would phone police explaining whats happened and that your locked in. I don't think there's much else you can do with being locked in.
I know it's hard but you really need to do this and get him either away or yourself and children.

KarmaKit Tue 28-Mar-17 11:44:23

You poor thing. Call the police, he will be arrested, so you have more time to get somewhere safe sorted. Women's Aid might be able to help you.

Soconfusedandsohurt Tue 28-Mar-17 11:44:58

My 4 year old thank god had headphones on and was watching Tinga on the laptop, my baby was in the bedroom in his crib.
It's a rental. Will he get arrested? As he left he shouted up - remember you hit me first. Which is true I did but he did have my arm? Does that make it self defence?
Will I then have to have social workers for the children? I'm not overly bothered by that but I go out of my way to make sure they have a lovely, stable life and I can't believe I've failed them in such a way sad

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 28-Mar-17 11:45:49

Please call the police if you have not already done so. I would also call Womens Aid as they can and will help you as well, their number is 0808 2000 247.

fruitbats Tue 28-Mar-17 11:45:59

Definitely ring the police OP. Get to somewhere safe. thanks

BrieAndChilli Tue 28-Mar-17 11:46:35

Call the police. they will get the door open plus should stay with you so you can pack sobif he comes back you will have protection

Soconfusedandsohurt Tue 28-Mar-17 11:47:01

I've never hit him before, I don't know what came over me. He has hit me before though and he's emotionally abusive, which is why I was leaving.
Before someone says 'why did you have kids with him' none of this happened until my second pregnancy. It's very hard to let go of someone when they convince you it's depression.

Soconfusedandsohurt Tue 28-Mar-17 11:48:04

BrieAndChilli oh my goodness will they. That's what I'm terrified of if he comes back and I'm in the act of going. I will need to call Women's Aid I have absolutely no one who can help me here.

lorelairoryemily Tue 28-Mar-17 11:48:40

Oh my god, call the police and get yourself and your children out of there before he comes back, that is horrendous. You should probably get your injuries checked too. You poor poor thing

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 28-Mar-17 11:48:44

He assaulted you first. Please call the police. flowers

Zaphodsotherhead Tue 28-Mar-17 11:48:46

You might have hit him (self defence), but he BEAT YOU. If he thinks 'you hit me first' is an excuse for punching you in the stomach, then he's one sick fuck.

Get out. Get out now. Police, whoever will help you leave, and get away. Stay safe.

fruitbats Tue 28-Mar-17 11:49:33

Punching you repeatedly is NOT self defence.
It could equally be argued that you were acting in self defence after he grabbed you. Violence should never be condoned by any party. You say that you knew he was going to hit you. Has he done it before?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 28-Mar-17 11:49:35

Let the police deal with him and get your injuries properly documented by the authorities.

fruitbats Tue 28-Mar-17 11:50:29

sorry x post

Anditstartsagain Tue 28-Mar-17 11:52:31

Call the police tell them he has locked you in as them to come get you out.

Take photos of your injuries go stay with someone who makes you feel safe. Borrow money if you have to. School will sort it's self out. Good luck.

pnutter Tue 28-Mar-17 11:52:52

Call the police right now. You poor thing. They will not judge you for hitting him. His behaviour is indefensible.
Please op, call them right away.

xStefx Tue 28-Mar-17 11:52:57

It was self defence, he grabbed you by the arm, you slapped him away and then he belted ten sorts of stuffing out of you (that's not him claiming self defence hun) not with all those bruises

Call the police and leave
It WILL only get worse now , especially if he thinks he has got away with it

Smurfpoo Tue 28-Mar-17 11:53:03

Police, police, police

You hitting him was self defence so don't worry about that.
But you need this reported for a number of reasons, you need the photos documented. You will get legal aid if you are married. It will also help you to be rehoused / get him out. You have kids together you will need some protection as you will have to deal with him in some way in the future. Going to the police gives you this protection.

The police will help you get away safely

Please ring them, ring them now.

SleepFreeZone Tue 28-Mar-17 11:54:16

Have you got access to a phone? Have you trying ed the doors to see if he's locked you in?

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 11:54:27

Your children WILL have a stable life OP...with you...and without HIM. You must act now to ensure their mental health and your life.

Winifredgoose Tue 28-Mar-17 11:55:09

Please call the police. They will help you get out of the house safely. Go to your Mum's. I am so sorry your husband has done this to you.

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 11:56:46

OP we'll all stay with you whilst you call the police. You can return to the thread as and when you get time. We will be here continuing to advise you.

Don't let the sick bastard back home tonight. Get the ball rolling so he finds out what you're made of!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: