Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Waiting for sex

(7 Posts)
NoMessin Mon 27-Mar-17 19:03:44

I'm in my 50s and have met someone, possibly.

Really don't want to have sex early, not until I decide I really like them and its mutual. This goes against the habits of a lifetime blush. I suppose I want to enjoy the romantic friendship and excitement possibilities as long as possible, and actually get to know them first.

Anyone else do this with positive results? Cha cha cha!

NotTheFordType Mon 27-Mar-17 19:16:16

I suppose I want to enjoy the romantic friendship and excitement possibilities as long as possible

That sounds like you expect sex to make the relationship more dull. Is that the case? Or are you the kind of committment phobe who enjoys the chase more than the teamwork?

NoMessin Mon 27-Mar-17 19:20:27

A strange response Ford, complete wrong end of the stick.

NoMessin Mon 27-Mar-17 19:20:55

heh ho.

I think I'll trust my instincts instead smile

HerOtherHalf Mon 27-Mar-17 19:24:02

I don't see anything wrong with getting to know someone and knowing that you're emotionally compatible before sleeping together. Am I missing something?

TheNaze73 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:33:34

You should do whatever you want. Everyone's attitude to this will be different. First night or 3 months, if it's right, it's right

AutumnRose1988 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:48:11

notmessin completely understood your post...not sure how it could be misinterpreted but anyway.....

Taking things steady to ensure it's feels right and enjoying the build up and anticipation sounds lovely. Taking it slow can be really enjoyable and make the sex better if you decide to go down that route x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now