Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do lads fancy older women?!

(88 Posts)
margiw Mon 27-Mar-17 00:32:27

Do all guys fancy older women?!
Just curious as I've recently developed feeling for a much younger guy.. 12y younger

Am I crazy thinking I could pursue this. I have children. He doesn't... Is it a waste of time trying to 'get to know' him

I'm half tempted just to tell him I fancy him but don't want it to make things awkward

ZilphasHatpin Mon 27-Mar-17 00:35:25

Silly question. "Lads" aren't one homogenous mass. (Lads are boys IMO so really you shouldn't even be going there.) assuming you mean an adult man then he will have personal taste in romantic interests. That may or may not include older women. Only one way to find out. Nobody here can tell you.

Glenoxo Mon 27-Mar-17 00:45:53

Yes, they can. My wife is leaving me after having an affair with a 20 year old; she's 35. We have four kids, which didn't stop them. Obviously you're circumstances will be different from mine, I share only to demonstrate the point that it is, indeed, possible to feel attraction. Whether it is more than a short term infatuation will depend on the two of you.

scoobydoo1971 Mon 27-Mar-17 01:07:25

My OH is 11 years younger than me, and it works for us. We are going strong 13 years into a marriage that has been tested by all sorts of life stress. Not all age-gap relationships work though. Friends of mine have fallen down where they didn't want more children, and the younger partner wanted to start a family. I do not think the age-gap matters (within reason), but it will affect you if you find you have nothing in common with him once the lust has faded.

SandyY2K Mon 27-Mar-17 02:50:22

Of course not all guys fancy older women. It's a bit of a crazy generalised question don't you think.

There can be an attraction... It's often curiosity... It's not the norm... But life doesn't have relationship age rules.

Aquamarine1029 Mon 27-Mar-17 02:55:30

My husband is 12 years younger than I am. We've been married for 6 years and together for almost 9 years. I have 2 children and we agreed from the start we would not be having children together. We have an amazing relationship and I can't imagine life without him. Our age difference never even occurs to us.

Sample1936 Mon 27-Mar-17 04:15:16

Assuming you mean 18 and over MEN the answer is no.
Lots of fetishes of hot attractive 'milf' types but these tend to be good looking women anyway not just by virtue of being mums or older.

bloodymaria Mon 27-Mar-17 05:41:31

That's like asking if all women fancy younger men, what a daft question.

ForalltheSaints Mon 27-Mar-17 06:57:37

Some do, some don't. Wayne Rooney (allegedly) and the next President of France (married to someone over 20 years older than him).

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Mon 27-Mar-17 07:42:42

That's like asking do all mean fancy blondes/brunettes/red heads. It's a very broad question.

Every person has a preference, just like you would when it comes to picking a partner.

KarmaKit Mon 27-Mar-17 08:04:47

My Dh did before we were together, most of his partners were older. I'm younger though and it didn't stop him being interested in me.

You can't generalise.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 08:06:04

My dh is ten years younger than me!!
blush

Isthismummy Mon 27-Mar-17 08:08:25

Has he indicated he might be interested in you op?

My fiancé is 16 years younger than me, so yes, men can definitely fancy older women.

If you like him then don't let his age hold you back. Life is too short and all those cliches.

BikeRunSki Mon 27-Mar-17 08:08:57

Two words

Stifler's Mom

TheElephantofSurprise Mon 27-Mar-17 08:10:40

They certainly do.

ShatnersWig Mon 27-Mar-17 08:14:58

Why shouldn't younger men fancy older women?

Doesn't follow necessarily they want a relationship with one though....

MorrisZapp Mon 27-Mar-17 08:19:58

I'm no expert but as an observer of human life I'd say men fancy most women.

TreeTop7 Mon 27-Mar-17 08:24:39

Yes, it can work.

If he has no children and you're unable or unwilling to have more .... that could turn out to be the problem, not the dates on your passports. I know lots of age gap (woman 10y+ older) relationships but they've had children together, or both already had them with precious partners.

Flatbellyfella Mon 27-Mar-17 10:20:19

I don't think age should be a problem in a relationship between adults, a good personality & being honest with each other would be all I ask for.

Adrianflank Mon 27-Mar-17 10:21:47

I'm 25 and have always had a thing for older women, never acted on it tho

UpYerGansey Mon 27-Mar-17 10:24:23

My bf is 14 years younger, and he most definitely fancies me! 😻

Pencilvester Mon 27-Mar-17 10:24:44

No.

Some of them fancy men.

margiw Mon 27-Mar-17 11:51:11

Can I just ask those older women who are currently with younger men how old you's were when you met/started dating.
We do flirt yes, so I think there's interest from him and I'd happily have more kids if that's what the future held

ShatnersWig Mon 27-Mar-17 11:56:48

I was 26 when I met my ex who was 37 at the time.

We lasted 11 years but should have bailed out after 6. The age gap most definitely started to show in terms of things we wanted to do or not do (no, I was not wanting to be out partying and clubbing all night, that was never me).

ShatnersWig Mon 27-Mar-17 11:57:14

(Yes, I was the younger man, just to clarify!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now