Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How long is long enough?

(10 Posts)
Jaym2017 Fri 24-Mar-17 23:12:55

If you find yourself out of a marriage, STBXH left in January, loveless marriage for 6 months and on the rocks around November.. so how long is long enough before seen to be ok to move on? Nothing serious just a friend - with benefits if that phrase still exists?

Thanks

WatchingFromTheWings Fri 24-Mar-17 23:15:13

As soon as you're comfortable with it I'd say. Life's too short!

zozozoo Fri 24-Mar-17 23:19:19

Yes that ^. Whose opinion are you so concerned about?

Howlongtilldinner Fri 24-Mar-17 23:20:17

Wby are you worrying about being 'seen' to do what's okay? It's nobody else's business except yours. As PP said.. life is too short..

TheNaze73 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:35:48

The next day!

The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.

I wouldn't want a relationship however some adult recreation, would be just what the Dr ordered. Your STBXH will already be doing it. Why shouldn't you?

noego Sat 25-Mar-17 08:32:25

I was dating the very next day. Fuck 'em. If you gonna move on, move now. Why wait.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sat 25-Mar-17 10:25:23

Exh was asked to leave in July. Had a fling in August. Met now dh in Nov! Nobody knows what lies ahead!! But the future is where you must look not at whats been left behind. . Go for it!!

Belle1102 Sat 25-Mar-17 10:55:25

I'd move on straight away if I wanted to. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me. I started dating my current boyfriend a week after leaving my ex who I was with for several years. I'm very happy now and glad I made the choices I did

floraeasy Sat 25-Mar-17 13:19:00

There is no right time. When you feel you can get into a FWB or other relationship is the right time. Just so long as you feel healed and not too fragile. Don't worry about other people - they can mind their own business!

Jaym2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:32:16

Thanks all smile really wasn't sure what's 'ok'. I have 3 daughters and while I won't be bringing anyone home, it was something I had to consider, what is right for them and for me, and how to balance that out.

I have totally moved on in terms of how I feel, no lingering emotions on what could have been or having ex back etc. I hadn't really thought of him out there 'doing it' but I guess it's possible and very likely, no reason not to and he's not home with the kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now