Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner is in love with another woman

(15 Posts)
MUTHERFUNKER Fri 24-Mar-17 08:10:38

I just want to get some advice to see if what I'm feeling is unreasonable.

I started dating a guy in October. It was all going brilliantly until I realised that he still has a pretty intense relationship with his ex wife that left him in July. She moved on and met someone and actually helped my guy to write his dating profile! I've since noticed that they are quite flirty over Twitter. He claims its just a friendship now. Having looked at his Twitter I can see that he was writing stuff last June that suggested he regretted them splitting up. Basically he was a bit of a

HecateAntaia Fri 24-Mar-17 08:14:30

it sounds like he may not be over her.i would walk away . he may need more time to deal with his feelings.

do they have children together?

HecateAntaia Fri 24-Mar-17 08:16:42

and actually, it's quite cruel of her to be flirty if she left him and moved on if she knows or suspects he is still in love with her. you just cant play with someone's feelings like that.

TheNaze73 Fri 24-Mar-17 08:16:44

Has it happened since you've been together?

3 months after his wife left, is no time at all, he doesn't sound ready for anything else

MUTHERFUNKER Fri 24-Mar-17 08:17:10

She has a 20 year old that he adopted when their son was small. So effectively their son is an adult.

MUTHERFUNKER Fri 24-Mar-17 08:18:05

I was thinking the same thing actually and that he doesn't have enough self awareness or self respect to realise.

MUTHERFUNKER Fri 24-Mar-17 08:19:09

It's happening constantly and he even denies it! When I check Twitter I can see they are openly messaging and being flirty. I guess 3 months isn't very long is it.

HecateAntaia Fri 24-Mar-17 08:21:26

its not.

walk away.you really dont need to be in the middle of this / his plan b / a substitute

MUTHERFUNKER Fri 24-Mar-17 08:23:58

I think you're right, that was the conclusion I was coming to but I wanted to get someone else's opinion as I am of course emotionally invested, but thankfully not completely stupid.

OrangeStar Fri 24-Mar-17 11:41:13

regardless of the disloyalty to you which is horrible, he sounds a bit of a tool fool, tbh. really not worth your time.

SandyY2K Sat 25-Mar-17 07:07:58

I'd leave them to it and end it.

FriendofBill Sat 25-Mar-17 07:10:05

the longer you leave it the harder it will get.
Make the break today.

This is not what you want.

Gallavich Sat 25-Mar-17 07:12:16

He was looking for a wife substitute when he met you. Lots of men rush right into new relationships after a break up (there is research into it) I'm guessing because they are used to having their emotional needs met and can't fathom not having a woman around to do it.

NotTheFordType Sat 25-Mar-17 19:08:59

You are definitely rebound girl, sorry. sad

I would (gently) let this one go and get back out there looking for someone who's actually emotionally available!

Peanutbutterrules Sat 25-Mar-17 20:22:47

Run away-3 months is nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now