Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Karma stories for cheaters?

(24 Posts)
anon8080 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:28:56

Name changed for this one so I'm not identified.

Does anyone have any stories of Karma for cheating spouses? How long did it take and what happened for things to catch up to them?

Did they get their 'realisation & regret' or were they cheated on themselves in the end?

Please share!

CharlieBoo Sun 19-Mar-17 17:44:57

My mums friends husband left her with 4 children in the 80's for OW.. 2 years down the line she dumped him and he came crawling back to his wife.. she rightfully told him where to go!

Interesting thread.. would love to hear some stories

GurneyGob Sun 19-Mar-17 17:45:10

Share - who for? The DM??

TheNaze73 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:46:45

Woman I work with, walked out on her husband & DS, to set up home with a younger guy & showed him off like a trophy. He soon got bored, (50/50 childcare split) she tried to come crawling back to what she'd given up & wanted to try again with her DH. He was having none of it. He's since remarried, the younger guy she ran off with is married & the woman at work is just a bitter shell of her previous self. Feel quite sorry for her but, it was all of her own making

anon8080 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:47:55

Sorry gurney I meant share your stories is all 😊

SandyY2K Sun 19-Mar-17 17:57:16

Am interesting one from a colleague. Her DH left for an OW half his age.

Some 4 years later, she hears a knock at the door and it was an ambulance driver. He had her DH in and wanted to bring him 'home' post hospital discharge, after a stroke.

She said he doesn't live her and hasn't for X years. She was thinking he hasn't changed his next of kin details.

She gives him his new address.
The driver said he's been there and his partner (former OW) , said she can't cope and is too young to be a carer, then have his Ex wife's address to take him there.

Well you can imagine what my colleague said, she had me in stitches, but she sent the ambulance away from her house.

I know a few karma stories, but I love this one so much.

Nijinksy Sun 19-Mar-17 18:03:52

I wish I had .....ExH just seems to go from good to better....semi retired...holidays 4 times a year with OW ...no money worries ....and I am left with nothing...everyone says that what goes round comes round but it hasn't happened yet....I sometimes wonder if it has all been lumped on me...its very depressing - just hope this doesn't happen to youx

tralalaland Sun 19-Mar-17 19:47:02

My ex is happy as larry. Loads of disposable income, date nights and mini breaks with the OW. New car. He is going on a long haul holiday with her next month. OW still with her husband so she isn't getting fed up with any of ex's annoying habits. He has another OW that the first OW doesn't know about as he needs something to do when the first OW is with her husband. He gets the kids macdonalds and a cinema ticket and he is dad of the year.

I am skint, don't get a break from the kids, don't have any adult company, never get out, get all the snide comments about single parents, and my kids are getting teased for being the poor kids at school.

I think my situation is more typical than the cheating ex getting their comeuppance scenario.

jobvcareer Sun 19-Mar-17 23:01:30

If there was such a thing as karma why would we have to go through being with the cheating bastards in the first place?
I know I didn't deserve the hurt and humiliation I've been through.
I hope he gets what he deserves (slow lonely painful death) but I don't believe in karma. More likely to fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling of roses.

anxiousnow Sun 19-Mar-17 23:22:15

I don't believe in karma either, nothing can undo the hurt caused by an affair. If the cheating spouse ends up dumped by ow/om then it leaves you feeling it was all for nothing. Your family wrecked for nothing. So doesn't really help.

anxiousnow Sun 19-Mar-17 23:24:07

Tralalaland
Sorry to read that! Shame on anyone that picks on your children or makes snide comments. I do think that in the end the kids know who stood by them

inkydinky Sun 19-Mar-17 23:27:48

No karma here (yet) but I'm watching how slowly but surely his children are withdrawing from him. He tried to instantly 'blend' them into OWs family but without making them feel sure of their position in it (they are very definitely 'visitors' to his new family). I'm quite sure he'll regret that failure one day in the not too distant future. I won't be feeling smug though as my children's feelings are being hurt in the process :-(

Trollspoopglitter Sun 19-Mar-17 23:37:36

I never understood this logic of wishinf bad karma would catchi up to him - as by that logic it also meant you being cheated on is your bad karma catching up with you from your previous life.. So you're not an innocent bystandard, you were meant to be shat upon from great height as punishment from wrongdoing in your previous life, no?

Toobloodytired Sun 19-Mar-17 23:49:46

Agreed, I wonder if how my ex treated me was simply MY bad karma sad

I'm not an angel by any means! Bit fucking cruel to bring a baby into this whole scenario just to hurt me!

I don't believe in karma either

redstep Mon 20-Mar-17 03:53:16

I had karma come back to me big time! Dumped my highshool sweetheart for a boy at uni. He was heartbroken, lost 2 stone, thanks to that got a lovely physique, loads of girls etc. But for me - 10 further years of crap relationships in which I was often disrespected, not accepted for who I was and overall unhappy.

But in that time I was also fortunate enough to observe karma come to haunt some people who upset me. One Italian stallion - we've only gone for a couple of proper dates but been friendly for a while and he's been saying he's told his father about me etc etc. One evening I started talking to him about it on Facebook to which he suddenly got all pissed off and said I was inflating things in my head and delusional. I deleted him off my FB, cried a little bit for a day but largely carried on with life as normal. Two years after he starts chatting with a mutual friend and tells her I was the most attractive and nice girl he has ever met. I add him back on Facebook and we start chatting. He comes all the way from a different town to meet me. I don't show up - not on purpose, wanted to go initially but then got discouraged by bad weather and a general low mood.

It was a bit mean but bloody satisfying.

But no sadly no karma for my "offenders" in any more significant way.

Terfinator Mon 20-Mar-17 13:19:21

There was one in my town a few years back. A guy was planning on leaving his wife for the OW. The OW left her husband a few weeks before and had sold the house etc.

All of a sudden, the man dropped dead (heart attack, he was early 50s), leaving a pool of drama and unfinished business around! The OW is still single, last I heard.

mycatloveslego Mon 20-Mar-17 18:30:36

Some years ago my EA ExP left me for a stripper he'd met. They moved in together, it lasted less than 6 months and ended when she stole 4K from him and emptied their flat of anything worth having.
The pitiful, lying scumbag tried everything he could to get back with me but by then I'd seen the light and was happily single.

Toobloodytired Mon 20-Mar-17 19:01:34

Does give me slight hope however, it seems my ex treats all women this way & so far has got away with it all!

c3pu Mon 20-Mar-17 19:20:41

My kids mum's life has been an absolute train wreck since we split, and mine has gotten a lot better...

Dunno about karma, but certainly I'm not remotely sorry that I left her cheating ass.

SandyY2K Mon 20-Mar-17 20:56:21

I think my situation is more typical than the cheating ex getting their comeuppance scenario.

I don't know about that. It's not that typical for a husband to continue being the OM, while his OW stays with her husband... and he gets another OW.

One BW feels karma was the OW becoming crippled with cancer.

In some ways, I feel if a cheating Ex is now blissfully happy, maybe that's the best thing for them.

It does make me laugh, when I hear FOWs (former other women), now with the WH, getting suspicious that he's cheating on her or staying too long with his Ex during drop offs and pick ups.

More than karma, I think living a great life without your cheating Ex is way better.

whirlygirly Mon 20-Mar-17 20:58:39

A few things. A cheating scandal when ow was newly pregnant was the most dramatic. They're still together but she always seems harassed and stressed out. There's always a crisis. A family member recently came from their house to ours and commented on how much more relaxed our place is.

I think I seem quite confident and organised and always make sure I'm super friendly to her which I think really freaks her out. grin

Fontella Mon 20-Mar-17 21:06:53

Yeah, my mate's husband.

He was a controlling weirdo when they were together ... but with four boys under 8 he had an affair with a 21 year old - he was 40 ish at the time.

It was the excuse my mate needed to finally get rid and she made her getaway. He tried to make life very difficult for her with access, tried for custody at one point and it was all very nasty, but my friend stayed strong and went on to meet a lovely bloke who she is still with.

Fast forward years later, kids all grown up - her ex. gone on to do pretty well financially (very unique and sought after tradesman - only a few in the country) and he's come home one day to find that the girlfriend, now in her 30s has fucked off with her young lover, cleaned the bank account, taken her flash motor and selected bits from the house. No note, no nothing.

He's now a miserable old fart living on his own, looks terrible, his sons rarely go to see him. Meanwhile my mate is happy as Larry with her adoring hubby!

Bubblebath01 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:48:07

Partner of nearly 30 years left to be with OW (Dysfunctional, sociopathic child). He left a complete carcrash. Both dependents struggled. OW wanted fairytale, not a man in mid life crisis (him 52, her 21). Unsurprisingly she got bored. Karma came around big time. He now deeply regrets his actions, and is very, very lonely. Meanwhile myself and our children prospering, and moving forwards. He is broke.

aibu1983 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:47:25

not me but someone close to me... her partner of 13 years (husband of 4 years and father of her 5month old IVF baby) walked out on her as he wasnt happy, he never admitted it but he had met OW who we were all aware of but he denied. 5 months later the facebook posts come of him losing his support network and how he has been suicidal and he is now supporting suicide charities through his business. he and ow are no longer friends on facebook and he no longer tags her in every post. he posted that the last 3 months had been particularly hard (which is when this new relationship has ended by the looks of it) yet he failed to understand why his ex wife would still be feeling affected by everything when in her eyes their relationship was perfect (and i mean perfect)

his life is now slowly unraveling and although i wouldnt wish suicidal thoughts on anyone he seems to be publicly posting for attention for all the wrong reasons which he ultimately brought on himself. it fucks me off as the people that follow his social media dont know the full story.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now