Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Separated but still living together, how do you do it?

(5 Posts)
Nottalotta Fri 17-Mar-17 19:54:37

We have two children, under 2 one a few weeks old. I've completly had it with husband and we have separated. He's still living here though and it's unbearable. He is constantly unpleasant. Makes sarcastic remarks to me via our toddler. I ask him things re children (like do you want to put this one to bed or feed that one) and get comments back laced with such unpleasant attitude. 2 under 2 is hard at times without this on top. It brings out the worst I'm me though God knows I'm keeping a lid on it as I don't want a bad environmeyfor the babies.

He has no such qualms though and is happy to rant in anger at me while both babies are present.

It's making me really dislike him. How on earth do you stay sane? And not get reeled into arguments?

Nottalotta Sat 18-Mar-17 01:42:56

Anyone.?

How to post so someone responds.

AntiHop Sat 18-Mar-17 01:46:38

That sounds intolerable. Has he got plans to move out?

Nottalotta Sat 18-Mar-17 02:02:11

No. Joint mortgage, dint think either of us could afford to stay on our own. Though I'd probably get tax credits if he went.

Blacksheep78 Sat 18-Mar-17 02:09:17

Horrible situation for everyone. Have you talked to anyone legal, or to the bank? Counselor perhaps? Tried mediation? A stranger telling him he's being an ass might be more effective?

I think I would just go about my day to day stuff as if he wasn't there as much as possible.

Sorry I can't be more helpful..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now