Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What can I do!!

(6 Posts)
hannahbellaa29 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:00:54

I'm going to sound so horrible now.. but I've been with my partner 2 years.. he is lovely, but I have a drinking problem and I kick him
Out all the time.. but then I sober up and he comes back.. but this time was different I started talking to other lads.. I don't no why the hell I did it.. but I did! He has forgiven me because I'm finally getting help for my binge drinking.. but how can I prove I love him how can I prove how truly sorry I am.. I need to kiss arse and grovel!!

category12 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:09:05

No, you don't and shouldn't kiss arse and grovel. Apologise, yes, and follow through on your promises to change.

You need to have a respectful relationship, not one where you abase yourself.

Clearly you have behaved badly and need to get your life in order and stop drinking. Get the proper help and support you need to deal with your alcohol problem.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 17-Mar-17 11:09:12

You need to stop drinking.
You are getting help which is great but the best way to show him how much you love him is to really work on yourself and your drinking.
What help are you getting?
Have you managed to cut down on drinking?
Is it drinking when you are out?
What triggers it?

hellsbellsmelons Fri 17-Mar-17 11:12:49

Have a look at THIS THREAD
It's a safe supportive place for people with alcohol issues.
Might be very helpful for you?

hannahbellaa29 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:27:20

I binge drink.. I won't drink for weeks.. then go on a crazy 4 day bender that's filled full of regret!!
The help I'm getting is called path ways.. it does narcotics and AA meetings.. I'm there today!!
I don't no what triggers it.. it's as if a devil on my shoulder says you've had a bad week in work just 1 won't hurt.. but then that 1 turns to days of drinking and silly behaviour!!
I have told him a thousand of times that I'm sorry and he'll have a huge huge go at me.. then say sorry and he'll stand by me.. but I don't want it out of pity

category12 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:01:06

Maybe now is not the right time to be in a relationship with him. It might be it's gone too far, and he is holding on when he should let go.

Or maybe you could go to relationship counselling together, or he could seek support alongside you with al-anon or something.

It's no point being in a cycle of you binge drinking, and now trying to stop, and him saying I forgive you, then throwing it in your face. You both need to deal with it in healthier ways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now