Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Was this selfish, irresponsible, or just a bit gross?

(5 Posts)
PollyGasson24 Wed 15-Mar-17 20:24:02

Found a pack of tablets for cystitis relief (10 of 30 gone) in the medicine cabinet this morning and an empty bottle of cranberry juice in recycling. DH has been working away all last week, was back on Fri and is working locally this week. Asked him about it and he said he had some 'bladder area' pain on Friday so took meds/juice and it was gone by Monday. Fair enough, but we did Sunday and Monday nights, and on Sunday the first thing he wanted was me to go down on him (don't generally do it that often) . Am a bit grossed out, because afaik male cystitis is caused predominantly by STD or bacterial infection, neither of which I want to be that close to! Told him that, he denied STD (of course) and said he just hadn't thought about it. I'm pretty sure it would have been the first thing on my mind if it were me, so why he didn't think I don't know! Can't help but wonder if it was some passive aggressive 'sharing' thing, as we've had arguments lately. How would you see it?

Gallavich Wed 15-Mar-17 20:28:24

I think he was a twat for taking cystitis medication without going to the doctor first but other than that I can't see it. Do you think he's cheated?

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 15-Mar-17 20:33:26

I would think you are overthinking here, but perhaps it's because you feel a bit sensitive due to the arguments?

I would think he was under thinking massively, particularly if he thinks taking female cystitis relief tablets and cranberry juice to cure male cystitis!

Normally if a man suffers he needs antibiotics, cranberry makes the urine more acidic and the problem worse and he should avoid sex altogether!!!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 15-Mar-17 20:33:35

How old is he?
Cystitis like symptoms can occur when the prostate gland is larger.

PollyGasson24 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:39:27

45. At the getting old stage I suppose grin
gallavich no, but wouldn't be a great shocker if so, sadly. Don't know how long symptoms would take to show.
ineed hmm, I'll see how he is over the next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now