Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm surrounded by awful memories...how do I come to terms with them?

(4 Posts)
goldenmonkey00 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:21:16

Long story short - Over a period of 10 years there have been lots of falling out and im surrounded by these people. I live in a small town. Grew up here. Went to school here. Fell out with school friends as you do who I still see now and it's a little awkward. I'm 38.
My brother had lots of trouble gaining access to his first child. Fell out with the family over that trying to supper him. Her and 3 sisters.
I am divorced and my ex's new partner isn't pleasant to my 3 dc's so we have fallen out over that. Aswell as her grown dd's. It has caused lots of trouble with my eldest Dd as they were previously friends.
My ex doesn't co parent and it's been a struggle so fallen out with his whole family. They dont bother with my dd's anyway.
Now my brothers new gf is a complete nightmare. I tried to stay out of it but now her and my mum have fallen out. She has dd's who have stopped talking to my dd's.
People fall out. Families fall out but it's so many people in such a small town. I see them wherever I go. It's really getting me down.
What can I do? Am I silly in thinking I want to move away far far away. Do people actually move for this reason. Or is this normal and do I just hold my head up high.

NotTheFordType Tue 14-Mar-17 21:35:58

Move. Small towns are shit. Move to a city. It's the best thing for your DC as well.

GoodDayToYou Wed 15-Mar-17 09:23:53

I thought 'move' too. Just got to make sure you don't take your problems with you.

abbsisspartacus Wed 15-Mar-17 09:25:53

Recite not my circus not my monkeys pack and move

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now