Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Still trapped - progress

(3 Posts)
Hutch2017 Mon 13-Mar-17 17:54:45

So following on from my last post, I got the house valued today and I think we'll be lucky to get what we paid for it. My partner is being a total @-hole and is now insisting on getting another agent out. He has some bizarre delusion we should get more money for it and I'm now worried he is going to refuse to use my agent and use some cheap crap one that won't be able to sell our house.

I'm really struggling to cope with this. I have to sit down tonight and tell him that its over and when we sell, we will be going our separate ways. I have already told him this but don't think he takes me seriously.

I also can't believe that after years of renting, we finally buy our own house so we don't have to keep uprooting the kids but he wants to sell it after 7 months because 'traffic noise' keeps him awake. How selfish can you get???? Mind you, this is the same guy who resigned from a job after we had just had a baby cos he hated it!

How the hell do we carry on living in the same house until the house sells? I actually hate him right now.

Sixoclocknews Mon 13-Mar-17 18:06:02

No advice re living together I'm afraid. I did it for two years and it was horrendous.

I will say though that it doesn't particularly matter which agent you put the house on with as sales are internet based these days. My house took over a year to sell but it was nothing to do with the agent, more that me and ex couldn't agree on the price and it was well overpriced! Even the agent agreed but couldn't get ex to budge. Eventually he accepted an offer much less than the asking price. I would say be realistic to get rid of it.

Hutch2017 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:13:28

Sixoclocknews - this is what worries me. The agent I got round was realistic and said if its up for too much it will sit on the market and go stale. I'd rather put it up for a realistic price and have more chance of selling.

So I get your point, its not necessarily the agent but I'm worried he will get an agent who overprices it, he gets excited about it, then it doesn't sell. The agent I saw had done loads of research on the local market, what houses had recently sold for and what has been sat unsold so she knew what she was talking about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now