Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Regret stories for the dumpers (there must be some)

(7 Posts)
Bones17 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:41:06

Come on! There must be some who regret leaving their families and OH's. I need to know that mine will feel some regret or remorse! I'm getting better each week I know I am. It's been 13 weeks since he left now. He still denies OW despite me having proof. When will he realise?? And I know some don't. But we've been together since we were 17-18! First everything! Surely he'll miss us at some point!!??

JoJoSM2 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:44:43

Why don't you just concentrate on moving on and your own happiness?

Kikikaakaa Sat 11-Mar-17 22:59:32

I don't really know anyone who has regretted it. I'm sure there is someone...
If there is OW then he isn't in the headspace for regret sadly, because he has this new life he's trying to build. I know that's not what you would like to hear but that's how it works really!

Anyway would you want someone back who did this to you? Or just to know he made a mistake? You might never get that. I'm sorry for what's happened to you but I think this is a stage of anger you are in that will pass, but you shouldn't hold onto it it will do you no good

Bones17 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:05:18

I just want him to feel a bit of what me and my kids are feeling to be honest. I'd never have him back. He's a child and not worthy of being a father. But still, I'd like him to want something back so much it hurts like I've done for the last 3 months.

However, now I'm turning the corner and seeing him for who and what he was, I'd like him to feel it now. And lose. Like he made me feel I had. Maybe I'm getting to the angry stage now. But it still hurts. And he should have a taste too.

Kikikaakaa Sat 11-Mar-17 23:25:45

I think people who behave badly towards someone they used to love very rarely show such a weakness of regret unless there is something in it for them.
So even if you see regret in him, it's likely not genuine. It will be for sympathy or money or to look like a good guy.
The people who love us show us real regret, not the ones who trample on us

JoJoSM2 Sun 12-Mar-17 13:35:01

Must be he angry stage. However, I don't think his life is plain sailing either. Also, considering what he's like, it'll be difficult for him to be in a happy relationship with anybody. Perhaps that's a comforting thought?

Prawnofthepatriarchy Sun 12-Mar-17 13:52:35

I've ended relationships but not a committed one, let alone one with DC involved. It really upset me both times, because I wished I loved them and hated hurting them. I suspect that if you're having an affair the excitement of that is far more important than any hurt you're causing to people you now see as in your past.

Your Ex might mourn the loss of your family, but only if the OW dumps him and he gets a taste of his own medicine. It's then that some cheats decide they've made a mistake and start clamouring for forgiveness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now