Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does relationship counselling work?

(3 Posts)
Angela0413 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:51:35

Been with DH for 8 years have two young children and we are constant arguing: he has quick temper and I'm exhausted and hormonal since baby so it's a bad combination. Feel like we can't even talk to each other anymore.

Atenco Sat 11-Mar-17 16:11:19

As long as neither of you is abusive and you find the right counsellor, both of you going into it with the intention to make the necessary changes to make it work, I would think it does.

I know a young couple who got great benefit from it, whereas my friend as badly let down, because they should never have been accepted in the first place, as he was abusive.

Triskel Sat 11-Mar-17 22:16:01

Yes. But you both have to be prepared to confront uncomfortable things about yourselves and to have the humility and will to change, none of which is quite as easy as it might sound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now