Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

At my wits end

(7 Posts)
user1470064958 Fri 10-Mar-17 18:22:02

Hope this isn't too much of a ramble

Not sure what to do I'm so fed up at the moment.

DH had a operation a few weeks ago so has been home and I've been looking after him and DD. It's been okay he's been sleeping in another room and lying in each day to rest, I've kept on top of his meds cleaned his wound everyday and looked after DD. It's been two weeks now so I'm getting more worn out, he's back to work Monday and has been off the painkillers for a few days. Tonight he's going on a lads night and is all spruced up, baring in mind his barely bothered to shower for the last few weeks. He's been so grumpy with me the last few weeks not once said thank you, I love him so much and am happy to help him / look after him but just wish he wouldn't take it all out on me.

We are meant to be starting sleep training but I'm so worn out I think it will all fall to me weekdays and weekends. I feel at my wits end

Happybunny19 Fri 10-Mar-17 18:32:19

If he's feeling recovered enough to go out spruced up he should either be taking you out or looking after LO so you can get a break. Selfish arsehole. Oh and of course you're happy to look after him, but he can still show some gratitude. Is he always this selfish?

CharlotteCollins Fri 10-Mar-17 18:45:04

Does he love you as much as you love him, do you think?

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Fri 10-Mar-17 18:54:03

He doesn't sound very lovable at all.

flowers for you OP

user1470064958 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:01:44

I think he genuinely doesn't think at all, well I hope it's that or he's just really selfish

I feel so down about it all

I've been suffering loads with anxiety recently and it just gets worse

CharlotteCollins Fri 10-Mar-17 22:14:54

Can you tell him how unappreciated you feel?

user1470064958 Fri 10-Mar-17 22:39:27

And now as to add insult to injury my mum has just had ab emergency and he's not answering his phone or here to cover for me so I can't help.

The emergency being the family home has flooded

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now