Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What to do with life

(5 Posts)
user1484755069 Wed 08-Mar-17 11:26:39

(I posted this is the complete wrong section last night so I apologise to mods - it was late and I was sleepy!)

Currently own my own property in a run down town. It is on the market and I hope to pocket 10k or so after everything has gone through but I've no real plan with what to do with it.

My ultimate goal is to move out of this town I dread and live in and move a bit closer to mum.

As I despise my minimum wage job also I'm hoping to leave there.

I don't know whether to spend this money on better qualifications/college etc, travel or buy/rent a property with OH.

Would appreciate any advice as I still feel young at 24 with my whole life in front of me. Don't want to make any wrong decisions

ImperialBlether Wed 08-Mar-17 11:32:36

Don't buy a property this casually when you're only 24! Definitely spend it on improving your qualifications. What would be your ideal job?

greenthings Wed 08-Mar-17 11:46:23

Following Imperial perhaps spend some money on a proper careers consultant to help you and give you ideas? And if the government has careers advisors for free you might be able to use them too ...

ohforfoxsake Wed 08-Mar-17 11:54:40

I'd always put my money into property. Could you buy a property and rent it out, then take some time to travel?

hellsbellsmelons Wed 08-Mar-17 11:55:37

At 24, I'd use it to travel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now