Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Physical Abuse

(8 Posts)
Flowers3568 Tue 07-Mar-17 08:25:57

Please can any help ? My partner has been hitting me and mentally abusing me for 18 months .. 2 weeks ago he beat me up and knocked me unconscious in front of my 12 year old daughter ( she isn't his ) he stopped me from going to police again by crying and begging for forgiveness, I was off work and kept away from anyone in case they saw the black eye etc . My daughter was given money and sweet talked saying it was your mums fault saying nasty things to me , so I got mad . He left last week while I was at work and took £3000 worth of belongings .. he waited till bruises had gone. I have photos of all my injuries over the last 18 months , I want to go to the police and have him charged but when I rang women's Aid they said .. I didn't have enough evidence for that and only help I get is going into a refuge. Can anybody please help me ? I feel like I've been used and abused and he walked away with a smile on his face . My life has no meaning anymore

MrsBertBibby Tue 07-Mar-17 11:28:26

What a shit. Go to the police. They may not charge him,but that's their call, and the CPS, not Women's Aid.

Your life has meaning, none of what he has done is your fault. None of it reflects on you. How's your daughter now?

Flowers3568 Tue 07-Mar-17 11:34:27

She is scared and upset as he threatened to knock all her teeth out because she was trying to protect me

hellsbellsmelons Tue 07-Mar-17 11:40:22

Absolutely go to the police.
He has also stolen from you.
You have proof of injuries.
Get him reported asap.

Then get back onto Womens Aid and ask about their Freedom Programme.
This will really help you set boundaries and avoid abusers in future.

Block, ignore and delete him from your phone, all social media, any message apps, everything.
Be glad he's gone and try to rebuild your life.

You should also tell your DC school about what she saw as this will impact her. They can help support her.
Womens Aid can hopefully help you with local support services as well.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 07-Mar-17 11:40:51

And threats to a minor!!!
Get to the police station asap!

PurpleDaisies Tue 07-Mar-17 17:49:40

Do you own your own home or rent? Have you changed the locks in case he comes back?

Did you talk to the police yourself? It's possible they'll have a different view on your case for assault but I'm not an expert so I don't know.

Try and concentrate on the fact that this horrible man is out of your life and don't let him come back again. flowers

debbs77 Tue 07-Mar-17 18:04:58

Police for sure. If not for you but to show your daughter that it isn't acceptable in life to be beaten and pushed around!

MatildaTheCat Tue 07-Mar-17 18:10:36

Please call the police. Poor you but even more, poor dd. She needs to see this is not normal, not OK and that you will protect her from a criminal.

Make the calls and keep safe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: