Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He cheated on me

(104 Posts)
keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:10:33

My dh ( of over 20 years) and I have had a few problems recently
today everything came to a head and we had a blazing row..

During which it came out he has had an affair. He is in his midfifties.

I eventually ( after threatening to ask every single person that he knows) got him To confess who with and it's a woman in her nineties.... I knew they were spending time together and I was touched by the time he was giving her. I thought it was very sweet. I've helped he out myself made her cups of tea, done her shopping etc. And now I.find this out. I've been throwing up. I'm shaking, I can't get my head around it at all. I could almost cope,better if it was a younger girl. It would make more.sensse. This just seems so wrong. I've are him leave, but he wants me to.forgive him. I can't can I???

HarmlessChap Mon 06-Mar-17 23:20:27

Are you sure he didn't just say her on the basis that you're less likely to confront a woman in her 90's and someone younger?

HarmlessChap Mon 06-Mar-17 23:20:45

than not and

Guavaf1sh Mon 06-Mar-17 23:23:00

I'm not sure he is having an affair with a woman in her nineties. That just makes no sense at all.

AnyFucker Mon 06-Mar-17 23:24:09

90's ?

An affair ?

He is in his fifties and still shagged a woman old enough to be his grandmother?

Somebody is codding, somewhere

AnyFucker Mon 06-Mar-17 23:24:33

Did he say 19, not 90 ?

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:24:44

I dont think so, he has spent a lot of time with her, including nights. I thought he was being kind to an elderly lady. .. Apparently she asked him, as she wanted to experience sex again..... But I'm also thinking, she's old, and not always 100 % with it. Is that even legal....? She's not got dementia or anything but she's definitely ' old' forgets stuff etc.

AnyFucker Mon 06-Mar-17 23:25:53

This thread is creepy

You've been watching too much Little Britain, mate

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:26:27

Before he met me, when he was in his 20ies he was seeing a woman in her sixties... Part of me wants to go and ask her myself.

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:27:26

I only wish I had. It's made me sick to the core.

TheoriginalLEM Mon 06-Mar-17 23:30:48

hmm

Interestingangelfish Mon 06-Mar-17 23:34:32

Nothing against (or denying) the fact that younger men may find older women attractive. For example, I know a couple where the guy is late fifties, the wife is early eighties (very young outlook, if that isn't offensive, and makes sense), and it seems, to outsiders like me, to be a very romantic and loving marriage. They've been married a while. And no one would at an eye-lid if the genders in my example were reversed. (And no one who knows this couple, tbf, bats an eyelid).
But your fifties aged husband has just embarked on a sexual affair with a woman in her nineties? Really, are you sure? Does sound a little strange. Is she early nineties? Kind of youngish in her outlook? I have to say that most, if not all, of the women I've met of that age would not have much interest in, or energy for, a sexual affair with a much younger married man.
I suppose I've not met them all though, have I?

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:37:32

He said it's over and had been over for a couple of years. BUT he does regularly go and see her. She's still fairly active, goes for walks etc. Shes led a fascinating life and I thought he just enjoyed her company....... He's over 10 years older then I am. So older people aren't always his thing....

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:38:52

Early.nineties. Possibly 90 in fact.

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:40:26

I.did question him a lot. Accused him of being sick and depraved. I can't begin to imagine for he could have done this.

PointlessUsername Mon 06-Mar-17 23:46:08

Why did he tell you? ,If it has been over for years with the lady in her 90s.

keepingitalltogether Mon 06-Mar-17 23:52:37

Because he accused me.of being unfaithful which I never have He was saying he thinks I've had several boyfriends over the years. It made me suspicious as I felt he was projecting. He then admitted it.

At first he refused to say who with then came out with it.

AshesandDust Mon 06-Mar-17 23:54:42

An affair is infidelity, her age shouldn't matter.
When he was younger you say he had an affair with a lady in her 60s its
not that surprising she's older - he said right there that he fancied older women.
What do you want to do, OP, can you forgive him?

CuriousMary Mon 06-Mar-17 23:55:53

shock

FellOutOfBed2wice Tue 07-Mar-17 00:01:19

Woah. That's nuts. My late Nan was the only person I've ever known of that age and I can't think of anyone less likely to embark on a sexual affair than her in her nineties. She could barely stand the excitement of Enmerdale.

PointlessUsername Tue 07-Mar-17 00:19:13

Seems unlikely doesnt it?. Maybe she was just who came to mind rather than saying who he had really embarked on an affair with?.

Either way that is real shit of him, hope you are ok op?. Have you any friends you can take comfort in.

loveyoutothemoon Tue 07-Mar-17 06:58:06

I think he's having you on.

Idrinkandiknowstuff Tue 07-Mar-17 07:04:25

Sorry but I think that's bollox. He's lying to you to protect the real OW. Top marks to him for originality though.

DenimChicken Tue 07-Mar-17 07:10:27

Are you sure he didn't say he had an affair in THE 90s?

SparklyMagpie Tue 07-Mar-17 07:47:04

Haha he's having you on OP! 90 years old?! Nah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now