Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've left him

(7 Posts)
NewtScamandersNaughtyNiffler Mon 06-Mar-17 08:44:21

Hi.

I posted for advice a couple of months ago, but of course ignored that advice and took him back.

Bf and I were only together for a year, but it was a total whirlwind. Fell in 'love' very quickly. However never moved in or anything else.

He has anxiety and depression which he originally told me was mild. Told me he worked from home etc etc. All lies. Severe anxiety to the point he doesn't even shower for a week or more. Doesn't work (which is fine. The lies bother me more)

When he's in a bad mood he can be so nasty. He admitted to me that a few weeks ago that his brother accidently spilled some water near some things of his. His reaction was to grab him by the collar and chuck him out!!!!
Things haven't been the same since then. I kept thinking what if that was me or the kids.

Then he told me on Saturday that hes been chatting to other girls. I was diagnosed with depression a couple of months ago. So I know I've been distant. I know I've been difficult. But I deserve someone who can be there for me.

Also reading threads on here by people who are in obviously abusive relationships and I'm thinking "leave. You can do it. You are strong enough" then realised those women are me 2/5/10 years down the line. So I left.

Sorry it's garbled and random. I just needed to get it all out.

DeleteOrDecay Mon 06-Mar-17 08:53:35

Well done for leaving, now you can move on with your life. All the bestflowers

Secretlife0fbees Mon 06-Mar-17 08:56:02

Well done Newt, alarm bells were ringing right from the start really weren't they? Good for you for listening to them! You might find your own depression magically gets a lot better!

NewtScamandersNaughtyNiffler Mon 06-Mar-17 09:08:47

Thanks.

Yes the alarm bells were there from almost the start. Lots of love bombing in the beginning and then... well I've stopped it before it started.

Weirdly I feel more positive already grin

Greaterexpectations Mon 06-Mar-17 10:02:03

Well done OP. Take time to look after yourself now and fill your free time with positive things flowers

Adora10 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:48:57

He sounds mental, you are well rid.

NewtScamandersNaughtyNiffler Mon 06-Mar-17 16:46:05

Thanks Greater I know I'm worth more. Back to doing the things I love and being me.

Adora I'm inclined to agree tbh. Some days I felt like I was at work (am a mental health support worker).

Yikes. I'm well rid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now