Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I want to leave my husband but cant

(3 Posts)
Idkwhattodoanymore Mon 06-Mar-17 04:00:01

I have 4 kids and I'm 6 months pregnant with #5. My husband is the one who works and makes all the money for the family. He is very mean to me and the kids 24/7. He is always yelling or putting us down. He ruins family outings, and always has an 'excuse' for why he's mean. We walk on eggshells around him. There's also been different types of cheating on me from the beggining. Every time I tell him I want to leave him, he cries and begs me to stay, promising he will change. But he doesnt. We didn't marry for the right reasons. He married me bc I seemed to have a lot of money, and I married him bc my previous ex husband was making my life hell and I was scared of him. I felt like this new guy could protect me and my 3 girls from my ex, and he did. Now we have 1 son together and 1 on the way. I've been trying to make it work for the 2.5 years we've been together, but it's not. It's getting worse. I have no money of my own anymore, no family or friends to help me, but I really want to leave him. I'm considering moving into an empty foreclosed house and applying for govt assistance. But I don't know how I would work bc my baby is 11 months old and I'm due in june. My 1st ex husband doesnt pay child support and I don't think my husband will either. I've made a real sh!t storm for myself, I know. I feel really bad for my kids. I feel like I've screwed up their lives by getting with bad men. I just want the best for them :'(

Suspendersformybelief Mon 06-Mar-17 11:17:51

I don't think I'm as qualified to advise you as many of the people on here but I wanted to reply as I didn't want your post to go ignored and end up on the second page.

Good luck OP, you've done it once, you can do it again!

PaulaBBB Mon 06-Mar-17 11:21:42

He sounds abusive and controlling. It's not a good place for you and your kids to be. Have you looked on he woman's aid website? You can phone them too and talk to them and they can help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now