Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why do I always pick the wrong type of man

(4 Posts)
laughingcow123456 Sun 05-Mar-17 16:08:02

Okay so I'm a single parent of 1, divorced due to ex husband cheating. Met someone new, he cheated and this is a continuing pattern or I get chatted up then dropped after a few months.
I'm certain there's nothing wrong with me, I'm fairly attractive, size 8 and have done modelling 10 years ago and even though I'm in my 30's most people think I'm still 20's, not a bunny boiler, not a headache so why can't I find real love?
I have been asked on dates before by men I don't fancy but I know would be good to me, do other women just settle for that? I do have a type, normally outgoing and in my opinion good looking, charming, fun, I like the fact I get butterflies in my tummy when I meet someone like this although very rare it happens but they have all been bad news. It's like I'm a magnet for men who give the run around. Is it me? Should I just settle when there's no spark?

TheNaze73 Sun 05-Mar-17 17:30:20

Don't settle, what would be the point?

My only advise, would be to take things slowly, don't rush in & you'll sort out the numbnuts

laughingcow123456 Sun 05-Mar-17 17:34:25

Just feel like giving up, I'm happy on my own and not out their looking or on dating sites but I would like to spend my life with someone whilst I'm still young.

TurnipCake Sun 05-Mar-17 17:39:57

I'm certain there's nothing wrong with me, I'm fairly attractive, size 8 and have done modelling 10 years ago and even though I'm in my 30's most people think I'm still 20's, not a bunny boiler, not a headache so why can't I find real love?

A good relationship isn't where you put those attributes into a vending machine and come out with the right person. I think it's partly luck, timing as well as other things out of our control. I knew my OH already for almost a decade before we got together. Between then, I went through the variety of chaff including the cheaters and one violent relationship.

It's easy to want to give up. If you're enjoying life as you are, keep going with that, work on your friendships with other women too, my closest friends are just as valuable to me as my OH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now