Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I think I'm over him! Feeling a sense of peace post Narc.

(10 Posts)
OhBlissOhJoy Sun 05-Mar-17 00:56:11

I've posted often under this and a different username about my heartbreak after finding out my STBXH cheated on me. The pain of the infidelity soon became secondary as I discovered he was a Narc. For 6 months it's felt like I have been on an emotional rollercoaster and I've felt I've been living on the edge of my sanity.
I don't want to give out identifying details but today I had to meet with him. The reasons don't matter to the post. I was shaking, it was too short notice to arrange for someone to accompany me. So I pulled up my big girl pants and went on my own.
I got through it. I came home and cried my heart out. I sat on my sofa and as I cried I realised that I was warm - the sun in my new flat was shining on me through the windows. It's spring, winter is over. And then I realised that was true for me as it is for nature - my winter is over and my spring is here. I feel at peace for the first time in 6 months.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 05-Mar-17 01:02:15

Such a lovely post. Congratulations flowers

Bibbidee Sun 05-Mar-17 02:37:53

I can't wait to feel how you feel... Glad that you're happy now smile

highinthesky Sun 05-Mar-17 02:40:31

OP it sounds like you are well on your way to some deserved closure.

flowers

tinglyfing Sun 05-Mar-17 06:10:35

This sounds lovely. Good for you flowers

Teabay Sun 05-Mar-17 06:37:57

Good luck to you xflowers

Loulou56789 Sun 05-Mar-17 06:42:09

So happy for yousmile
That could have been written by me, 6 months separated due to cheating, narc husband etc and I'm too starting to feel the pain lift and life moving on!!
Here's to us👏🏻👏🏻

noego Sun 05-Mar-17 08:43:51

Its called metamorphosis darling, When the caterpillar turns into a butterfly and it's the best feeling ever. To discover you are psychologically and physically free. Better than falling in love with someone, because you actually fall in love with yourself.

Enjoy the day and every day.

jeaux90 Sun 05-Mar-17 09:12:16

Well done!! It's an amazing feeling to realise you are free. Narcs are hollow shells of beings and I pity mine a few years on.

Hold on to that feeling of freedom. I still feel happy every day a few years on xxx

OhBlissOhJoy Sun 05-Mar-17 11:43:30

Thank you for your messages flowers.

Lou I remember you posting on my threads at the time, am glad to hear you are moving on too.

I slept like a baby and have only just woken up. Can't believe the time! Usual sleep patterns for the last few months have meant fitful sleep and up at the crack of dawn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now