Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Don't understand

(5 Posts)
Holly3434 Sat 04-Mar-17 18:29:12

Ok my DP said to me once maybe 18months ago that I can't wear dresses and other women can, I shouldn't wear them so haven't since. Now fast forward he's been working away he's gone for 6 months to China anyway he called today asked me what I was doing in said buying a dress off the internet, he went in a mood saying I'm dressing for someone else and why don't I wear it for him?? Why he asking me to wear it for him after what he said?

something2say Sat 04-Mar-17 18:32:39

Well the first comment I must mak is, why can you not wear dresses if you want to?! That rings bells with me.
Then, he says you're dressing for other men. More alarm bells.
This is social control over you, dictating what you can and cannot wear, and also, attaching control around how you look to other men in there as well. Soon he will tell you how much make up you can wear, ho much drinking or dancing or fun you can have, and then, that you are not allowed to look at other people, least of all men.
Not good x

TurnipCake Sat 04-Mar-17 18:32:51

The question is why the hell are you still with this guy after he dictated to you what you can and can't wear?

Holly3434 Sat 04-Mar-17 19:01:41

I'm more confused why he'd ask me to wear one?

BitchQueen90 Sat 04-Mar-17 19:11:12

Is this serious???

You're focusing on the wrong thing here.

He's controlling. LTB.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now