Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Needing advice

(1 Post)
justilou Fri 03-Mar-17 11:02:47

I am in Australia and my friend who is in England has just discovered her husband has been cheating on her, the other woman is a expecting a baby, he has been haemorraging money, maxing out credit cards to maintain his lifestyle and will no doubt be leaving her and their kids bankrupt. He is currently out of the country (but looking to fly back because she confronted him with the evidence - which he is still trying to deny). I have told her to get a lawyer and a sexual health screening, then get copies of all joint bank accounts for as many years as she can, deeds to the house, cars, caravans, birth certificates, etc and put them somewhere safe in someone else's house. Poor thing is so hurt and angry I am worried that she will do something stupid like burn all his clothes and I don't want her to get in trouble. She wants to change the locks as he is out of the country at the moment and she is worried about his behaviour affecting the kids. (He has a tendency to lash out and become verbally abusive and physically intimidating. Can she keep him out of the house for the time being? Should she call the police to let them know she is anticipating this kind of behavior?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: