Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this an acceptable thing to say.

(15 Posts)
isthisacceptable200 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:43:48

It is true that this morning the kitchen was a bombsite. Neither myself or H cleared it up in the afternoon or the evening yesterday.

This morning he said "who is going to clear this shit up?" and told me I "live like a dog". (In front of youngest dd).

Is this an OK thing to say?

mogonfoxnight Fri 03-Mar-17 09:45:16

No it isn't an acceptable thing to say.

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:46:27

Why is it all your responsibility? ( or am I reading this incorrectly ? )

Moanyoldcow Fri 03-Mar-17 09:46:55

Nope. I'm very messy. My husband would never say anything approaching that to me.

HerOtherHalf Fri 03-Mar-17 09:48:26

Uhm, no! Why would you think it is?

Darlink Fri 03-Mar-17 09:48:31

Need more info !

PurpleDaisies Fri 03-Mar-17 09:54:20

No, I wouldn't accept my dh talking to me like that.

Gingerbreadlass Fri 03-Mar-17 09:56:31

I don't like the personal accusation in what he said. He could have worded it differently "looks like a pig sty".. Also, why is it only you that lives like a dog, doesn't he live like one, too if he resides under the same roof grin

If you're hurt then I'd tell him that. I personally would have given him a good comeback and and told him how you're both going to clear up.

Happybunny19 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:56:47

I'd be annoyed with him and tell him to clear up or shut up, but I wouldn't feel the need to post a thread about it.

Gingerbreadlass Fri 03-Mar-17 09:57:06

Also, my dog lives really well and is not messy, so I dispute that comment!

Bluntness100 Fri 03-Mar-17 10:02:04

No, of course it's not acceptable. Can I ask the context here, do uou both work?

I think uou need to agree a cleaning rota to ensure you both maintain a level of home hygiene and tidiness that you both feel comfortable with. Both of uou avoiding it and neither of you wishing to do it isn't going to work.

Montane50 Fri 03-Mar-17 10:33:00

Bit more context needed-do you both work? Is it only your mess and is he sick of clearing up after you? Do you live like a dog and he has a point?

Holly3434 Fri 03-Mar-17 10:34:51

It's actually more unacceptable to leave the kitchen in such a state an adult can't stand it let alone a child having to live like that.

Blackbird82 Fri 03-Mar-17 10:38:19

I often complain that our house is a shit hole, but I don't place blame with anyone, rather it's a statement of fact!

If my husband said I lived like a dog I would tell him to fuck off! (Not in front of kids)

Babasaclover Fri 03-Mar-17 10:43:55

My husband made dinner last night then fell asleep on sofa - had a long day - so I cleaned up kitchen. Have to work as a team

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now