Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A guy that wants to date me but

(12 Posts)
mydshines Tue 28-Feb-17 03:09:04

I recently ended a long term relationship which was drained me and it consisted of him with him withholding sex.
As you can imagine my self esteem was low.
I recently had a chance encounter with a man in which I had a spark moment.
Nothing happened BTW. But I also had another spark moment in my life.
So I guess I know the feeling it gives me
It's a feeling that I can't describe. I'm like walking on air and unbelievably happy.
So I was chatting to a guy and agreed to go on a date with him. Via dating site.
So I added him on messenger.
And facetimed him. He does seem nice BTW. But OMG but after chatting to him he is like a exact replica of my ex.
He is from the same part of town as him.
He lives with his mammy . He is nearly ,40
He hadn't had a relationship in years. He hasn't been with a woman in a while.
I get the feeling he is shy and inexperienced.
He does seem nice. But he suggested a first date in a park with his dog. ,(I'm scared of them,) likes to watch TV and cuddle up. Doesn't do much going out.
I am going for the date as we agreed to go on a mutual day outing.
But I at this moment realised. That this man is the exact replica of my ex .
I want spark s passion a bit of a buzz. Instantly I can feel myself entering this relationship and year down the line.
The same problems
I have told him that I finished a long term relationship and I'm not ready for another one yet. He seems cool with that. But is this feeling that I have complety crazy. My friend thinks he is good on paper.

SparklyMagpie Tue 28-Feb-17 06:35:29

Nah doesn't do it for me.

ChuckDaffodils Tue 28-Feb-17 06:40:54

Why bother with the date? Life is so short.

Shoxfordian Tue 28-Feb-17 07:19:26

He might be good on paper but if he's not for you then just let him down gently after your first date ( if you can still be bothered to go). No need to carry on with something if it's not for you

Ellisandra Tue 28-Feb-17 07:41:13

If you're not ready for a relationship, why are you on a dating site?

FWIW he sounds dull to me and I'd really want a good reason for his living with his mum in his 40s shock

But I actually think you're being unfair too - wait until you are ready for a relationship before you date.

Ellisandra Tue 28-Feb-17 07:41:59

Laughing at your friend thinking he's good on paper though.
Living with mum and inexperienced?

ChuckDaffodils Tue 28-Feb-17 07:48:52

Also: just because a man wants a date doesn't mean it is your duty to let him have one.

Yeahfine Tue 28-Feb-17 08:46:26

You don't even like dogs. Don't bother.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 28-Feb-17 08:48:27

Please re-read what you wrote here.
Don't do it.

Chloe84 Tue 28-Feb-17 10:10:07

In the words of Sleepless in Seattle, relationships are hard enough without bringing such low expectations into them.

mydshines Wed 01-Mar-17 00:21:12

Thanks all. I actually agree with you all. I was just browsing and he just seem nice. I will go on the date next week. Purely because I be starting a new job in a few weeks
Plus I'm so inexperienced on actual dates experience it be good to practice.
I have spent every weekend (cuddling) on the couch watching TV with my ex. And I think that what he wants. Or intends to do the nice man.
However if I being honest I'm going go after my needs first. (Orgasm) but I don't Mr shy and inexperienced can do the job. I was listening to an old song called stepping out and the lyrics of it reminds me like get in to the light. Leave the TV and radio behind. I just want to have a few dates and have a laugh.

SandyY2K Wed 01-Mar-17 07:12:51

I wouldn't waste my time going and I certainly wouldn't if I was scared of dogs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now