Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A guy that wants to date me but

(12 Posts)
mydshines Tue 28-Feb-17 03:09:04

I recently ended a long term relationship which was drained me and it consisted of him with him withholding sex.
As you can imagine my self esteem was low.
I recently had a chance encounter with a man in which I had a spark moment.
Nothing happened BTW. But I also had another spark moment in my life.
So I guess I know the feeling it gives me
It's a feeling that I can't describe. I'm like walking on air and unbelievably happy.
So I was chatting to a guy and agreed to go on a date with him. Via dating site.
So I added him on messenger.
And facetimed him. He does seem nice BTW. But OMG but after chatting to him he is like a exact replica of my ex.
He is from the same part of town as him.
He lives with his mammy . He is nearly ,40
He hadn't had a relationship in years. He hasn't been with a woman in a while.
I get the feeling he is shy and inexperienced.
He does seem nice. But he suggested a first date in a park with his dog. ,(I'm scared of them,) likes to watch TV and cuddle up. Doesn't do much going out.
I am going for the date as we agreed to go on a mutual day outing.
But I at this moment realised. That this man is the exact replica of my ex .
I want spark s passion a bit of a buzz. Instantly I can feel myself entering this relationship and year down the line.
The same problems
I have told him that I finished a long term relationship and I'm not ready for another one yet. He seems cool with that. But is this feeling that I have complety crazy. My friend thinks he is good on paper.

SparklyMagpie Tue 28-Feb-17 06:35:29

Nah doesn't do it for me.

ChuckDaffodils Tue 28-Feb-17 06:40:54

Why bother with the date? Life is so short.

Shoxfordian Tue 28-Feb-17 07:19:26

He might be good on paper but if he's not for you then just let him down gently after your first date ( if you can still be bothered to go). No need to carry on with something if it's not for you

Ellisandra Tue 28-Feb-17 07:41:13

If you're not ready for a relationship, why are you on a dating site?

FWIW he sounds dull to me and I'd really want a good reason for his living with his mum in his 40s shock

But I actually think you're being unfair too - wait until you are ready for a relationship before you date.

Ellisandra Tue 28-Feb-17 07:41:59

Laughing at your friend thinking he's good on paper though.
Living with mum and inexperienced?

ChuckDaffodils Tue 28-Feb-17 07:48:52

Also: just because a man wants a date doesn't mean it is your duty to let him have one.

Yeahfine Tue 28-Feb-17 08:46:26

You don't even like dogs. Don't bother.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 28-Feb-17 08:48:27

Please re-read what you wrote here.
Don't do it.

Chloe84 Tue 28-Feb-17 10:10:07

In the words of Sleepless in Seattle, relationships are hard enough without bringing such low expectations into them.

mydshines Wed 01-Mar-17 00:21:12

Thanks all. I actually agree with you all. I was just browsing and he just seem nice. I will go on the date next week. Purely because I be starting a new job in a few weeks
Plus I'm so inexperienced on actual dates experience it be good to practice.
I have spent every weekend (cuddling) on the couch watching TV with my ex. And I think that what he wants. Or intends to do the nice man.
However if I being honest I'm going go after my needs first. (Orgasm) but I don't Mr shy and inexperienced can do the job. I was listening to an old song called stepping out and the lyrics of it reminds me like get in to the light. Leave the TV and radio behind. I just want to have a few dates and have a laugh.

SandyY2K Wed 01-Mar-17 07:12:51

I wouldn't waste my time going and I certainly wouldn't if I was scared of dogs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: