Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

All consuming crush.. Help

(10 Posts)
shawnaaa Mon 27-Feb-17 23:16:12

How do u manage crush feelings.
Im in deep, cant think about anything else but this man. I see him often (threw circumstance not planned meets) and hes lovely with my son.. Its just never realistically gonna happen for numerous reasons :-(

FooFighter99 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:13:49

I have no real advice other than I think you just have to let it run it's course. Like a cold, it will go away eventually. Sorry that's not much help, but that's been my experience when I've had crushes in the past, the feelings fade in time... flowers

MagnumPieEye Tue 28-Feb-17 12:08:42

Shawnaa I'm just getting over one now. It was horrific. Every sympathy to you. My best advice is to distract yourself as much as possible.

canthelpmyself Tue 28-Feb-17 13:04:17

In the same situation Shawnaaa - so if anybody has any advice, I'd be more than greateful - tried to tell myself a million times to stop it and be happy with the friendship, but can't help myself and keep thinking about it!!!!
Why do you think it is not going to happen though?!

shawnaaa Tue 28-Feb-17 22:58:53

It just wont, we're from two completely different lives in two completely different stages of our lives too. Hes everything id look for in a man but its like the timing is wrong. I kno i should be happy to have him in my life at all and should just take things slow and if things change maybe something may happen years down the line but its sooo hard when hes the first thing i think about when i open my eyes and last thing before i close them at night! Trying my best to put myself off him but nothings working yet... :-/

shawnaaa Wed 01-Mar-17 21:46:39

Aghhh!! Seen him again tonight and he looked better than ever!!!! 😫🔫

Bekkka Wed 01-Mar-17 22:12:31

I know how you feel! It's so so hard, I never knew how much this crap could hurt until recently.

I sometimes just remind myself I'm lucky to have met him at all and being a friend to him I s a great thing too!

shawnaaa Wed 01-Mar-17 22:29:14

Your right, i just feel so frustrated. Only way i can describe it! Like im annoyed with my head for not being able to stop this! Just want to bang it off a wall! (Not literally-but you know what i mean) 🙁😩😔

JK1773 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:30:42

If it truly can't happen you need to distance yourself to get over it. I had the same thing, he was all I could think about, morning till night. It could not happen and never will. I just had to stop all contact at all for quite some time. We have remained friends, purely on FB and by very very occasional chance encounters but the hugely intense feelings I had are gone now thankfully. It wasn't doing me any good looking back

shawnaaa Wed 01-Mar-17 22:48:05

Your totally right! Its making it worse seeing him often! Due to circumstances i don't really want to reveal i cant avoid seeing him though. I mean some of the times i see him i dont even talk to him, i avoid it. But those times i seem to come home in a worse frustrated mood than the times we have actually chatted! Maybe i need him to meet someone else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now