Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Date, but no kiss!

(3 Posts)
user1488235581 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:49:58

Hi,

I've been out of the dating pool for a long time, having been in a LTR for 10 years. So I'm a bit confused about what is normal now.

Anyway I met a lovely woman for a coffee from OLD the other week, and I kissed her on the cheek at the end. We subsequently went out to dinner, but when I tried to kiss her at the end she dodged it and gave me a hug!

What I am confused about is she told me she had a nice evening and wants to see me again. Does she think we are just friends? I would have thought a quick kiss on the second date was normal? Or is this some tactic to play hard to get?

Lessthanaballpark Mon 27-Feb-17 22:55:25

I don't think women play hard to get any more do they?

The only time I've ever dodged a kiss from someone was when I didn't want to kiss them.

I'd accept her non verbal refusal and leave the ball in her court. It's no shame on you if she doesn't like you romantically.

Bant Mon 27-Feb-17 23:04:32

Three possibilities:

She likes you but doesn't want to kiss yet, for whatever reason
She's seeing if you grow on her
She's looking for free food and wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now