Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I leave my boyfriend?

(3 Posts)
squareclaire Mon 27-Feb-17 14:58:39

Hi thanks in advance for any help, me and my boyfriend have a baby together, we argue a lot I have become very resentful of him, we have been together for four years and there have been a lot of problems first he has a daughter from a previous relationship who hates me whatever I do her mother also hates me,it became worse when they started accusing me of mistreatment of the child for no reason, I have my own kids so it makes me nervous, and in the end the kid accused my boyfriend of beating her to the police because she was mad at him for spending time with me, the police realised straight away it was lies luckily I said in the end that she couldn't be at our house anymore because I can't always have a target on my back. It would be ok if this was happening to us and we were a team but he has thrown me under the bus many times when it comes to his child, I know he's scared of having no access if he doesn't do what they tell him to but it's been three yrs of this, I am a nice person probably too nice and I have two amazing well rounded older kids that I want to enjoy. He is an everyday weed smoker I hate it he has agreed to not do it at home or be under the influence of now we have a baby but now he goes to his friends to do it until 1 am. He is very insecure and jealous and doesn't like me going out with my friends if I do he makes my life hell for days. He earns more than me but always runs out of money way before pay day which leaves me in a constant state of anxiety saving all I have to make sure my kids don't go without all month. It is all just running through my head at the moment all the time I'm the type of person to stay and make things work but I'm not sure I can live like this anymore I'm constantly angry and depressed .

PaterPower Mon 27-Feb-17 19:58:08

I'm not the type to shout LTB but it doesn't sound like this guy is adding much to your life. In this instance I suspect you'd be better off without him.

muhajaba Mon 27-Feb-17 20:08:07

Yes I think you should leave him, Don't waste your time with someone who doesn't make you happy, he obviously is having a very negative impact on your life and clearly isn't going to improve. You and your children deserve and need security and support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now