Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How often do you have sex?

(63 Posts)
boobiebaps Mon 27-Feb-17 10:53:31

I'm in my late twenties, have DCS and very little sex with DH. How much should I be settling for? We have it around once every 3 weeks. We have it and then I crave it more; DH seems then to be satisfied, for sometimes a whole month! I feel I'm young and fertile, I want to develop sexually and express it more, I really enjoy sex and the closeness it creates between DH and I. What should I expect here? How often do you do it and how old are you?

Kikikaakaa Mon 27-Feb-17 11:12:48

Mid 30's and once a week. Don't live together which explains it wink

Some weeks I would happily do it more some I don't want to at all much.

What isn't as sexy is scheduled sex, it does bug me. I have to wait until that particular time or be up for it on that night, both can be frustrating. Kids completely kill my vibe a lot of the time. Mine aren't little so I would worry they would hear us. We not ready for that yet, it makes my body and mind shut down!

In my other relationships sex always varied, from hardly anything with DC father to A Lot with one boyfriend.

You should have sex as much or as little as you like! Just tell him when you do!

SiestaFiesta Mon 27-Feb-17 11:18:30

See with questions like these it will always depend on whether the couple live together, age, length of relationship, age of, other stresses going on dc etc etc. There is no right or wrong answer but what matters is if you aren't feeling happy with it. Have you spoken to your dp how you feel?

SiestaFiesta Mon 27-Feb-17 11:19:18

age of dc, other stresses going on that's meant to read.

TWOBANANAS Mon 27-Feb-17 11:19:56

Twice a day, every day.

RasperryInAMelon Mon 27-Feb-17 11:21:08

At least once a week and I'm 27 weeks pregnant. Before pregnancy it would have been 2-3 times a week. We're 28 and 30 no DC until DD arrives in May. Then it could be whole new story!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 27-Feb-17 11:22:09

Sometimes a couple of times a week, sometimes not for a couple of months. I've been married for 15 years though and am on anxiety meds that have killed my libido, and DH is crippled by arthritis so is in pain constantly.

TheTartOfAsgard Mon 27-Feb-17 11:23:36

I only see DP once a week so mostly spend all day in bed grin

AndnoneforGretchenWeinersBye Mon 27-Feb-17 11:26:34

Hijacks thread to wave at Andnone

miserablemolly Mon 27-Feb-17 11:29:23

As little as possible. Zero interest and only do it because I feel I should. 5 weeks since we last had sex so I probably need to get it done this week.

DrDreReturns Mon 27-Feb-17 11:30:01

About once a week. We are in our early forties.

SadWife17 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:31:59

Never really. Maybe a couple of times a year. It's making me want to leave him. It feels utterly unlovable and hideous because of it. DH just has no interest at all.

wobblywonderwoman Mon 27-Feb-17 11:32:40

Once a week, two very young dcs and shift work so not always possible to go for it more..

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 27-Feb-17 11:34:06

Hello fellow Mean Girls fan!

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Mon 27-Feb-17 11:35:13

We are both 40's, 1 dc. We have sex about once a week, we'd both like it more but we both work full time and dd still wakes at night ( she's only 6 months)

Pinkheart5915 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:38:04

I'm in my 20s, dh is in his 30s and we have 2 dc.

We have sex every couple of days, it's not always a session lasting hours sometimes it's a quicker on the sofa/kitchen side but it's always good wink pre dc we use to have sex a couple of times a day

SaudadeObama Mon 27-Feb-17 11:39:01

This really depends on the couple. There is no ideal amount. At the moment it's 2-3 times a week. We're both in a good place sexually/actively/esteem wise . Late 30's/early 40's and youngest is 4 so we have time/energy. It is not always like this, different circumstances have meant it's been more or less at times.

boobiebaps Mon 27-Feb-17 12:06:14

To those who have it around once a week: do you plan it in or does it just happen naturally?

RyanStartedTheFire Mon 27-Feb-17 12:14:20

Early 20's, two DC under 4 and we still have sex at least 4 times a week. Ideally we have sex every day, but sometimes we fall asleep before we get chance!

MrsGB2225 Mon 27-Feb-17 12:18:08

Early 30s and 4 times a week on average.

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Mon 27-Feb-17 12:18:26

No we don't plan it, I think we are both just missing sex after around a week so it happens naturally. I can't think of anything worse than marking on the calendar Wednesday is Shag day

MrsPMT Mon 27-Feb-17 12:21:37

Once a week if possible, find it easier to have it planned as have DC. We make it like date night. We are mid-forties with 12yr old child.

katiemarnie Mon 27-Feb-17 12:22:40

Late 40's and every other day. Kids are all pretty much grown up though.

Imi22sleeping Mon 27-Feb-17 12:26:45

This iswhen i know i have a problem when i read things like this i literally gag at the people saying every day and think how hideous for you or in the kitchen bok. I hate sex i want another baby so i no i n3d to make an effort but god i hate it

OnionKnight Mon 27-Feb-17 12:27:10

Twice a week, both in early thirties with no kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now