Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When does it stop?

(5 Posts)
Fireandflames666 Sun 26-Feb-17 20:21:52

My chest is killing me from knowing my ex doesn't love me anymore. Horrible.

SparklingRaspberry Sun 26-Feb-17 21:17:41

I'm sorry OP flowers

It's absolutely horrible. I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

I don't have much advice I'm afraid. I suppose it just gradually gets easier.
Take each day as it comes, try not to think about the future, and before you know it you'll be 6 months down the line and thinking 'wow, how did I get over the worst?' - But you do.. you just do.

Thattwatoverthere Sun 26-Feb-17 21:24:36

I echo pp. it's a horrible feeling and seems never ending doesn't it? I was shocked how much physical pain I was in when a relationship a few years ago ended - it takes its toll on you absolutely and all you can do right now is try to look after yourself and stay as healthy as you can.

Have you people you can talk to in RL about this too? That was my main coping mechanism and bored as they might have been after a while, getting it out there helped me to recover and a few months down the line I was able to feel more positive.

BillericayDuckie Sun 26-Feb-17 21:45:58

This was me 5 months ago. The pain was physical and all consuming.

Now, the pain is still there but instead of being all consuming, it is more of a background dull ache. Occasionally it hurts like hell again, but that quickly passes.

I'm sure a bit further down the line, I'll notice the dull ache has disappeared too.

Hang on in there, it will get better flowers

pallasathena Mon 27-Feb-17 07:16:06

This too will pass. Be kind to yourself and think about how wonderful you are having such a deep capacity for love. Not everyone can love deeply you know. It is a gift and one that once given, should never be returned. When it is, it feels seismic in its intensity as your internal continental plates shift, drift, rearrange themselves; sometimes hardening themselves but never, ever, disintegrating.
You will love again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now