Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Birthday gifts-£15-20 budget...what would you want from a friend?

(11 Posts)
sugarlost Sun 26-Feb-17 07:07:27

Hello,
I'm struggling...lots of birthdays coming up and it becomes costly. Apart from nice toiltrees like Loccitaine what else...sometimes I do a gift card.
Are gift cards or wine and chocolates boring?
What would you like?
Thanks

ContraryToPopularBelief Sun 26-Feb-17 07:11:28

For that kind of budget I always like to receive a more expensive version of something I use regularly. So it feels quite decadent.

So if friend wears slippers but gets cheapy ones then get lovely (more) expensive ones. This works for hats, scarves, makeup items, nail polish, and loads more

I think wine and chocolates are perfect. Easy to regift if necessary and something that isn't going to clutter up the house like strange novelty salt and pepper shakers or large gingham/wicker wall hangings

Honeyandfizz Sun 26-Feb-17 07:15:07

I would very much appreciate a White Company scented candle, or nice choccies.

Aebj Sun 26-Feb-17 07:16:05

I love wine and chocolate.
I would also like a LUSH gift card ( or if you knew them well I would like a bath bomb and a small bottle of baileys , so I could enjoy my glitter bath!!!)

KoalaDownUnder Sun 26-Feb-17 07:17:06

I don't think any of those things are boring. smile

I have friends who always do photo frames/cushion covers/tea towels...'house' things. While I am grateful for the thought, I would honestly prefer consumables.

For example: wine, champagne, hand or body cream, scented candles, chocolates, nice soap, flowers, etc.

I'm a bit of a minimalist and am trying to reduce household clutter, not increase it. The things I would prefer are cheaper than what they actually buy me.

SaltySeaBird Sun 26-Feb-17 07:18:38

I'd love a nice White Company candle too!

bubblemcgubble Sun 26-Feb-17 07:20:59

Luxury body wash - maybe Clarins or Molten Brown. A real treat.

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Sun 26-Feb-17 07:23:14

I would like a bottle of wine or a hand cream or shower gel from somewhere special like L'Occitane. I am not a fan of candles. Gift cards are a pain and on more than one occasion I have not used them by the use-by date.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Sun 26-Feb-17 07:23:44

Myself and friends usually spend any present money meeting up for a meal. We'd rather get together and have a good night than buy gifts

VanillaLatteAndCake Sun 26-Feb-17 07:25:51

I'd much prefer flowers than toilettries. Flowers & posh chocolates are even better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now