Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it normal in marriage

(5 Posts)
mythorreal Sat 25-Feb-17 19:00:57

My friends has been married for 10 years with two kids. She never mentioned any issue with her married life. Both of them are my friends. They changed and become more busy. Recently she told me that she didnt have any sex for about 6 months as it make her cry and asked is it normal. Any suggestions please.

wowbutter Sat 25-Feb-17 19:15:20

Well, for me, the no sex for six months is normal. The crying, not so much.
It's hard asking what is 'normal'. Because I can't stand swearing, so for me, no swearing is normal. It's very individual.
If she is crying because she is scared, upset, worried... she should be speaking to her husband, or you, or both, or a professional about why.
If she is unhappy, change it. If she and her husband are happy, fair enough.

Hgmother Sat 25-Feb-17 19:20:55

I cry after sex... it's just the way I release feelings and stuff. She shouldn't be worried it isn't normal. Unless that is, she's pressured into it / he hurts her / she has past issues etc etc as to why she cries.

MrsExpo Sat 25-Feb-17 19:51:02

Really depends why she cries .... as others have said, if it's just an emotional release, then I'd say that's ok. If it's because she found the whole experience traumatic, distasteful, humiliating or otherwise unpleasant, then that's not ok.

TheNaze73 Sat 25-Feb-17 19:59:12

I think she needs help. No sex for 6 months is certainly not normal & the cry doesn't sound right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now