Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will I ever trust again?

(3 Posts)
Squirrelzebra Sat 25-Feb-17 16:03:56

Just got out of a 2year relationship that turned out to be a complete lie. He was manipulative, abusive and not at all the person I fell in love with. I have 2 DS. I'm in no way looking for a relationship any time soon but I feel after the way I've been treated I could never trust a man again. I'm sick of getting hurt but I don't want to be alone forever. Please someone fill me with a little confidence that there are good men out there x x

TheElephantofSurprise Sat 25-Feb-17 16:09:05

Erm...
Leaving that aside...

You have two DS. Why not make the 'security' part of your life just about you and them, and see men as a little light entertainment? Keep them out of your home and away from your children. Restrict them to a role that doesn't lead to you depending on them emotionally or in any other way. I should imagine that could be a plan for a happy life.

jeaux90 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:10:30

There are. I'm sorry you had such a bad time.

As a single mum who exited a bad relationship I want to say to be kind to yourself. Focus on you, your dc's and your job etc. Don't think about another relationship. Get super comfy in your own company, spend time with friends or family who value you.

Eventually you'll be ready to date, when you are just have some fun. Watch for those red flags, I'm sure you'll be cautious.

There are plenty of good people out there, I met one after 6 years single (my choice)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now