Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Question re. Tinder!

(10 Posts)
HexicanMix Fri 24-Feb-17 22:10:04

Question no. 1 - Is its reputation - looking for casual encounters - justified anymore? I'm just really not into that kind of thing!

Question 1 - Is 50 too old?

smile

HexicanMix Fri 24-Feb-17 22:10:27

Or sad!

UrethaFranklin Fri 24-Feb-17 22:30:40

Is 50 too old for what? Are you that age and asking whether you are too old to be using Tinder or are you 20 and are asking whether a 50 year old is too old for you?

SuperBeagle Fri 24-Feb-17 22:31:44

I see Tinder purely as a hook-up app, primarily used by people under the age of... 25? Maybe 30?

HexicanMix Fri 24-Feb-17 22:32:46

Sorry for any confusion, my impression of Tinder was it was mainly for young folk looking for casual sex. I am neither young, nor looking for casual sex.

I'm looking for friendship, fun and hopefully serious relationship of some kind.

Would Tinder be inappropriate?

HexicanMix Fri 24-Feb-17 22:33:33

thanks SuperBeagle <retreats with dignity intact>

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 24-Feb-17 22:33:58

1. Yes and no. If you want casual you can find it on Tinder but if you don't then make it clear in your profile and ignore the sleazeballs

2. 50 too old? I met my partner on Tinder last year, he moves in with me tomorrow. We were 52 and 51 when we met so no, 50 is not too old.

Desperina Fri 24-Feb-17 22:45:47

No, it's not just casual. It is possible to be taken seriously. You only need to find 1 remember, so don't get disheartened by the seemingly endless splosh 🙂

And no you are not too old, or too anything, or not enough anything else. Be confident, don't take it too seriously, and don't take any nonsense flowers

LesisMiserable Sat 25-Feb-17 00:38:29

Its what you make it, like every other dating site.

Tweetme Sat 25-Feb-17 03:33:37

It's not too old but when I tried it (same age as you) I found it was mainly young guys, 20s and 30s. There were very few guys in their 50s.

The young ones were definitely up for a flirtation with an older woman and some wanted to meet up straight away for a shag but it wasn't what I was looking for. I lasted less than a week on there.

you could still give it a try. You never know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now