Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thank you and freedom at last

(18 Posts)
doyliewoo Fri 24-Feb-17 10:24:53

I have been a long time lurker and occasional poster here for years.

After an 8 relationship with a possible narcissist and most definite womaniser! I am finally moving out tomorrow with my daughter. 6 months ago I was in such a dark place, I was devastated that my relationship was over, drinking too much and I thought my life was in ruins.....I really couldn’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Fast forward to today... the excessive drinking has stopped, we have found a lovely place where we will be happy, I am actually excited!!!

I had a realisation today... I am free! free from wondering where he is or who hes with, free from the doubts and insecurity, free from not feeling good enough, free to make my own decisions about my life and move forward. Free to only do things that make me and my daughter happy and fulfilled. Free from gas lighting and mind games, free from the urge to snoop and check....it's all over now smile

I really couldnt have done this without the wonderful advice, stories and experiences of all you lovely ladies on here. To know and understand that others are going through similar experiences and coming away from it stronger and happy has been my saviour and has kept me going.

So thank you mumsnet ladies! have a flowers and wine on me x

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:27:36

All the best wishes for your new life!! flowers
The feeling of relief is great I know!!

TwitterQueen1 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:34:44

Congratulations Doyliewoo and best wishes for your new life of freedom and excitement. flowers

Nothing compares to being free of a horrible relationship.

AnyFucker Fri 24-Feb-17 10:36:24

flowerscake

AtticaSilver Fri 24-Feb-17 10:47:57

Congratulations Doyliewoo! Your story gives me hope as I'm just starting the process of divorcing my EA and narc H. All best wishes for your new life and FREEDOM!! smile flowers

Greaterexpectations Fri 24-Feb-17 11:10:03

Congratulations!! Enjoy every minute of your new found freedom flowers That's one thing about horrible relationships, once you leave you really appreciate everything so much more. Good luck and have fun smile

NassauBeach Fri 24-Feb-17 11:13:07

Congratulations OP! That's a great post flowers

TheNaze73 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:14:30

Well done OP wine

category12 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:03:21

grinflowers

OFGSIsItTheWeekendYet Fri 24-Feb-17 16:12:42

Wow how exciting, congratulations I'm really very pleased for you. You're post is giving me hope, enjoy your new life/home and freedom.

JaneA1 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:18:14

Congratulations on your freedom smile Make sure you spoil yourself (nothing bad though!) properly now!

pudding21 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:25:46

Well done OP flowers

TheGirlWhoWasntThere Fri 24-Feb-17 17:46:56

Congratulations and here's to your lovely new life.
Hope you and your daughter are happy in your new home.

IllMetByMoonlight Fri 24-Feb-17 17:50:45

I'm very happy for you flowers

petitepeach Fri 24-Feb-17 17:53:45

That's great!
Happy New life! Xx

jeaux90 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:40:09

Well done!! I escaped my narc ex and I will give you some advice.

Make sure you cut contact down to a bare minimum when you have left. Text messages about kid stuff only and don't respond to anything emotional.

When you open that door to your new place relish that sense of freedom you feel. I still think about that moment 6 years on.

Wishing you and your dd all the best xxx

springydaffs Fri 24-Feb-17 19:17:03

I remember that moment 20+ years later! We hardly had any furniture and no carpets but it was BLISS.

Congratulations doylie, it's not easy but you did it. Blardy well done flowers star

Seconding the advice to keep ongoing contact down to the very bare bones... then cut it down some more. NEVER let him know how you really feel about anything. Be bland like a plank of wood.

Ohyesiam Fri 24-Feb-17 19:54:03

Wow, your thread made me well up. Mega congrats on what you have done. Your life, and your daughters life will Judy keep getting better now.
Freedom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now