Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this for the best

(4 Posts)
Gps17 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:28:51

I'm not one to post on these things, but I've always read things on here and seen people giving some amazing support.

I've been in a relationship for nearly two years, no kids but was ttc.
I think it's over but I have no one to talk to. I've been here so many times, I can't speak to my friends, the two I have left that is. They've been there time and time again and can't bring myself to talk to them about the same things that I've gone to them about for the last two years.

It hasn't been a good relationship to say the least. On our one year anniversary I found out that night he had slept with his ex, and not for the first time. He begged and begged and I took him back without telling anyone what had happened, a few months later, I found him on Facebook sending disgusting messages to at least 3 different girls. I told myself this is it, no more and I left... told my mom, my friends, everything that had happened over the whole relationship. I left for about a week until he managed to crawl his way back in. It's been turbulent to say the least.
We've been trying to play happy families ever since. It's been argument after argument. Lost count of the times I've walked out and said this is it for the last time.
I have an uncontrollable temper and I just spiral. Spiral into something über never been before.
I think today is the last straw for both of us. After weeks of arguing.
I'm now being accused that there must be someone else, why else would I argue,right?

I've always been this super confident person that could fight anything but now. I'm this overweight mess of anxiety that doesn't know what to do next.

I don't know what sort of response I will get but any support is better than nothing at this stage xx

luckycatclover Thu 23-Feb-17 18:32:27

I'm so sorry, that sounds awful, I feel for you. I think it is over, and if it isn't, it should be. You can't spend any longer with someone who will treat you like this. You deserve so much better flowers

AhYerWill Thu 23-Feb-17 19:14:45

You know this is neither good nor healthy. What do you need to do to make the split from him final? However much he begs you don't have to be in a relationship that isn't good for you.

DonaldStott Thu 23-Feb-17 19:19:38

God that sounds shit. He sounds like a scumbag.

If ypu have to ask 'is this for the best', you know deep down that you need to leave for good.

You are only asking because he has destroyed your confidence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now