Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Son hates me going out

(3 Posts)
EveryoneLovesDogs Thu 23-Feb-17 12:04:17

I have a 5 year old DS who im a single parent to. Ive been single mostly since hes been born but 6 months ago i met a really nice man. Hes met DS briefly and they get on well. Last Saturday I was due to stay over at bf's so i asked my sister to look after DS.
Around 9pm my sister phoned me telling me DS was hysterical and kept asking where i was. I went home and by the time i got home he'd tired himself out and was asleep. Bf was so nice about it. How do we get past this? Hes ok if im gone for a few hours but overnight seems too much

Busybeesmum Thu 23-Feb-17 18:20:52

Hello. Is DS used to other people or is he with you alot? Its hard being a single parent pursuing a relationship

Hissy Thu 23-Feb-17 20:40:42

Sounds about par for the course with a 5yo.

It will be ok, but you might have to take a little longer to make sure he's feeling secure.

Did he know you were going to stay with your friend? If not, then you need to tell him just this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now