Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Fiance missing in action

(26 Posts)
7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 11:57:18

Hey all. New profile but old member.

Just need a virtual handhold. Just about had it.

US fiance looks like he has been detained by Irish immigration at Dublin airport. Landed just before 8 - Google tells me - but have had no news so far. His on going flight is at 1pm. Gate will shut in a few minutes I guess.

Fuck it. Horrible horrible year. LTR's are awful. I'm a single mum, two kids. Massive issues with career - parents stalking me. Working so hard to get him over permanently, really need him. Have stress and anxiety and an OH report has said that I am likely mentally disabled through works treatment of me.

And to put the tin lid on it DS1 (8) started vomiting last night and hasn't stopped. He's sleeping now though.

Just. Had. Enough.

Sorry for the pity party. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

pocketsaviour Thu 23-Feb-17 12:34:25

I'm sorry, that sounds really stressful. Do you know of any reason he might have been detained? Visa problems?

Sleepinghooty Thu 23-Feb-17 12:47:33

Is he flying into or out of us? Hope you've already heard from him now

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 12:48:04

Thanks pocket

He's just turned up online. No idea what took him so long to get back to me. He wasn't detained but his onward flight here has due to the wind.

He was detained though last year at immigration Heathrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 12:48:30

And thanks sleeping.

Yes - JFK

PatriciaHolm Thu 23-Feb-17 12:49:59

Everything is up the spout in Dublin because of the weather, OP. Hopefully he's on his way soon.

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 12:53:05

Thanks Pat - two hour delay ATM

unfortunateevents Thu 23-Feb-17 12:58:18

So was he actually detained or not?

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 13:06:36

No, sailed through apparently. Just Heathrow now...[wibble]

FrenchLavender Thu 23-Feb-17 13:09:29

I'm glad you've located him now but why did you think he might have been detained and why was he detained last time? confused

Is he not travelling with the correct visas?

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 13:19:27

unfortunateevents He was stopped for hours in August last year at Heathrow. They seemed to think he would marry me and stay over here permanently, without the correct visa. I did point out I was already married but then they just asserted we would find a 'bent' register. It was all very odd. But very nice to be accused of an illegal act before it took place. Or was even thought of come to that.

So, once that happens, people tend to get their passports flagged.

You don't need a visa from the states if it just a holiday. He will only be here for two weeks.

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 13:20:52

Actually, just thinking about August makes me livid. They accused me of potentially wanting to commit bigamy. FFS.

I spent 30 mins on the phone being 'interviewed' by border control.

Littleballerina Thu 23-Feb-17 13:31:49

Why would you assume he had been detained?
Surely you have heard about the weather warnings?

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 13:42:23

Littleballerina I have just answered the detained question.

Poor weather would not stop him contacting me. His US flight landed on time.

Tweetme Thu 23-Feb-17 13:55:36

That's a very dramatic thread title to describe a man whose flight was late due to bad weather.

mouldycheesefan Thu 23-Feb-17 13:57:01

Ok so he is no way MIA. His flight was delayed. He isn't missing. Call off the search.
You need help for your mesntsl state please go to your go.

Ellarose85 Thu 23-Feb-17 14:01:25

You need help for your mesntsl state please go to your go

There is no need to be so rude!!

mouldycheesefan Thu 23-Feb-17 14:06:17

It's not rude to suggest that the op needs medical help she sounds on the verge of a total breakdown.

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 14:14:48

mouldycheesefan

I'd actually really like to have one! But as it is not forthcoming, I will just soldier on.

Actually, and I am beginning to get a bit hmm. I have repeatedly explained my reasoning. His flight inbound was NOT delayed through bad weather.

My reasoning is perfectly sound considering he was detained at Heathrow last year. That was incredibly stressful. And he still might be yet.

And yes mouldycheesefan. Your comment was incredibly rude.

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 14:18:36

* Ellarose85* Thanks :-)

I have been on and off the relationships board since about 2007. Been away a few years. This was always a supportive place away form the main boards. Many on here have helped with various issues over that time. Always been grateful for that support.

Very suprised by change in tone.

Foldedtshirt Thu 23-Feb-17 14:27:46

flowers
Sounds like a perfect storm of stress and thwarted travel plans. Not surprised you panicked!

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 14:29:30

Foldedtshirt

Thank you. Keeping fingers crossed. He's about to board the Heathrow flight. It's a 'mob' apparently.

whattodowiththepoo Thu 23-Feb-17 14:30:47

I think some people are replying without seeing your answers so it's just a bit of a misunderstanding.

Really sorry things are so tough at the moment feathers, hope your little boy is feeling better when he wakes up.
Keep soldiering on, being proactive and trying to think as positively as possible.

Kentnurse2015 Thu 23-Feb-17 14:33:35

hmm

7feathers Thu 23-Feb-17 15:42:34

Well, it left 10 mins ago. Arrival time is showing as 17:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now