Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH says when he's down I just bring him further down...

(2 Posts)
Eatingcheeseontoast Wed 22-Feb-17 20:54:34

DH is having a really stressful time at mo. He's out of work, has no idea what is going to happen next and the lead up to leaving his job was a really stressful year.

i find it really stressful listening to him and being constsntly supportive.

My GP suggested antidepressants for me, but a recent weekend without him made me think that a lot of the stress is coming from him.

But he needs me to be constantly supportive... And I'm finding that hard.

RustyPaperclip Wed 22-Feb-17 21:05:59

OP, I really feel for you. I am in a similar situation. DH has lost his job and I'm acting positive to keep him upbeat but it is incredibly stressful. It's exhausting to need to be supportive all the time. Can you possibly take time off to focus on yourself? Perhaps go out for a coffee or a walk? Easier said than done but I have found that taking time to be on my own helps. Do you have support in RL? Sorry for all the questions but I could have written your OP so I do understandflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now