Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

STBXH has been dumped by the OW

(71 Posts)
OhBlissOhJoy Mon 20-Feb-17 22:05:35

They didn't even make it to 6 months.
The house has been sold but not yet completed, the decree nisi has been applied for - all this pain and disruption and they haven't even had the decency to last! At least be the love of each other's fucking lives if you're going to wreck my life!
It's hurt like hell that he's been off having the time of his life while I've been broken hearted but now he's the one suffering as he realises what a fuck up he has made of his life.
I guess karma does exist.

Bubblebath01 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:17:26

Joy, it is the start of the rest of your life. I'm in a similar position, after 27 years. He blames me, but nearly 20 months on I 'm not accepting blame.

At least you were married and and will be dealt with fairly in the eyes of the law.

Karma does happen, he will come to regret it. Meanwhile get on with your life. Don't focus on his demise, he will have enough time to do that himself.

Focus on your own "rebirth". You cannot change anything, so concertrate on getting through, and he will have to deal things himself.

Take care.

Chloe84 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:45:18

Ha! Guess the grass wasn't greener and the forbidden fruit soured.

Ellisandra Mon 20-Feb-17 22:49:31

I know that the ideal state is indifference, and I'm probably supposed to say "move on"...

But... yeah, I'd have a bit of a smile and enjoy that!

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Mon 20-Feb-17 22:50:05

The absolute best thing you can do is to continue and flourish! Be everything you always wanted to be, let him wallow in the realisation of the mistake he has made!

ajandjjmum Mon 20-Feb-17 22:57:16

Just goes to show - the grass might have been greener, but it's still grass!!!

OhBlissOhJoy Mon 20-Feb-17 23:03:58

I am getting on with my life now, fortunately it has happened now that I am at this point. Everyone said this day would come but I didn't think it would, I really thought they were in it for the long haul. Well, it turns out he was but she wasn't. Guess that's what happens when you target someone young enough to be your daughter.
Focus on your own "rebirth" - that's kind of how I feel. I lost virtually all my family through bereavement and NC in the time we are together so I really have to find myself again, I have no-one to lean on.
And I feel relieved that I can move on now knowing that he is now having to face up to what he has done.

SandyY2K Mon 20-Feb-17 23:08:44

Guess that's what happens when you target someone young enough to be your daughter.

Serves him right. There's no fool like an old fool eh.

SandyY2K Mon 20-Feb-17 23:09:28

Bet he feels like a right idiot now.

AnyFucker Mon 20-Feb-17 23:11:23

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

What a cock

hmcAsWas Mon 20-Feb-17 23:14:08

I couldn't help but relish that outcome if I were you

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Mon 20-Feb-17 23:18:19

Schadenfreude. Just don't let him wheedle his way back.

EweAreHere Mon 20-Feb-17 23:20:23

I hope it burns him for a long, long time.

EightiethElement Mon 20-Feb-17 23:23:39

Stoopid man

LaContessaDiPlump Mon 20-Feb-17 23:23:48

I must admit I found it far too delicious when ex-DP and his wife split up (tbf to me, they had got together 3 weeks after our 3 year relationship ended [due to his emotional affairs]). He was then sighted on FB trying to look young and cool with someone who was young but (I presume) too naive to realise what a twat he is.

No-one would blame you for having at least a small twinge of amusement at this outcome!!

OhBlissOhJoy Mon 20-Feb-17 23:24:14

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy... or one more deserving grin

And yes, I do feel slightly smug and yes I am happy that she has dumped him. He's been boasting about his younger girlfriend like that somehow validated him as some sort of sex god. Now he has to face up to the fact that he's not. He's just a fat, balding middle aged man who has lost a lot of friends and family because of his behaviour.

GabsAlot Mon 20-Feb-17 23:24:41

ha ha-she clearly enjoyed the risk part then it got serious and boring

what a twat

Hermonie2016 Mon 20-Feb-17 23:25:08

How did you find out? I hope he told you..would have been hard not to laugh.

Was he living with her so now homeless as well??

AnyFucker Mon 20-Feb-17 23:25:23

God, I am embarrassed for him

What a ridiculous cliche he is

AdoraBell Mon 20-Feb-17 23:27:09

Just be prepared for him expecting to cry on your shoulder, oh and cancel that silly divorce and house sale stuff while you're at it hmm

HeddaGarbled Mon 20-Feb-17 23:31:24

You are completely steeled for the "I made a terrible mistake, I know now what I was throwing away" etc etc, aren't you?

ChipsForSupper Mon 20-Feb-17 23:32:20

Oh this happened in my case - it took a few years but, eventually, she dumped him for a younger man. I tried not to laugh.......but sometimes it just bubbled up from within. I guess the shark's tooth necklace and new tattoo no longer made up for the growing bald patch and matching belly!!

Good luck with your new journey, OP!

soooooomoody Mon 20-Feb-17 23:33:43

grinwine

littlefrog3 Mon 20-Feb-17 23:37:24

Awww what a shame boo hoo haha grin

You would have to be devoid of a soul to not feel smug. smile

Good luck to you. flowers

DameSquashalot Mon 20-Feb-17 23:37:53

Here's to you moving on 🍾

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: