Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I can't stop thinking about my ex.

(5 Posts)
Anonymoususer1938 Mon 20-Feb-17 13:56:47

Has anyone got any tips or advice on dealing with this.
Brief outline: We broke up a few months ago. It's always been an on/off relationship over a number of years and he's dumped me a number of times and then come back. I have resolved not to take him back again ('yeah right'...heard that one before I hear you cry :-), yet I cannot stop thinking of him and us and the stuff we did...like all day. I get on with stuff, work, gym, dating again and have knocked booze on the head.
Yes he's always there and I don't want him there.
Is this normal or am I losing the plot?
Sometimes I read that you should just let it play out and other times I read that there are methods to help such as mindfulness etc.
I think I still love him and miss him in spite of it all and this is the crux of the problem.
I am in no contact and will continue to do so.

shesnotme Mon 20-Feb-17 14:23:18

Sorry to hear that. No advice other than keep strong. He keeps dumping you, you are worth more than that.

Anonymoususer1938 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:42:01

Thank you for those kind words. I do tell myself that. I wonder if I'm just trying too hard to 'get over' it all and subsequently keeping it at the forefront of my mind all the time?

BackInBlack78 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:44:39

Hand hold for you, I'm going through a similar thing... only my ex is an alcoholic sadflowers

CantstandmLMs Mon 20-Feb-17 17:46:25

Hi, I've posted in my thread about wondering how to get over an ex. It's only been a few weeks for me and I know he isn't going to take me back but I can't stop thinking about him and us at all. I can't see it ending its pretty tragic.

Do you think you'll be ready to try dating again at any point? I certainly am not yet but know this point will come if just to move on myself. Maybe that could help you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now