Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help advice - want to change my name after divorce, WN narc exh

(4 Posts)
Teabay Mon 20-Feb-17 10:20:59

Hi my friends
Please can you share your experiences of changing your name after divorce? I don't want to revert back to my maiden name for personal reasons.
What is your opinion of Miss, Ms or Mrs?
I'm 40, but work in a school where I'll be called "Mrs" or whatever everyday!

hellsbellsmelons Mon 20-Feb-17 11:03:47

I am now a Ms after my divorce.
For a teacher of younger kids (if they are younger) I always think Miss is easier for them.

Teabay Mon 20-Feb-17 12:01:46

Did you revert to your maiden name?
What did your DC do?

MidnightVelvetthe7th Mon 20-Feb-17 12:07:03

I changed my name via deed poll after divorce, I felt that I wasn't the person that I used to be so I couldn't use my maiden name again, so I chose my late mother's maiden name. I am a Ms & I have a different name to my children, but its not been a problem. I don't take them abroad though.

I changed mine via deed poll, there are other name changing threads on here if you search where posters say that you don't have to pay for a name change deed, but I found that all the banks etc accepted it with no problems. If I need ID as my driving licence is in my old name, I just use my licence & change of name deed as well & still no problems.

In the future if the DC want to use my surname they are more than welcome to smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now