Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Trying to leave my baby's father

(7 Posts)
Zo94 Mon 20-Feb-17 03:49:17

I'm sorry i need to rent but mostly advice so

my boyfriend and I are always arguing, he clearly doesn't love me anymore, i can't remember the time we went out on a date, he never cheered me up during my pregnancy when i was feeling down it was my fault because i was 'too hormonal/emotional', he's selfish, he's always avoiding/ignoring me, he gets mad over everything i say, sometimes i'm scared of him(he would never physically hurt me though). Our relationship is failing pretty hard. It's a shame because we have a 4-month baby.

Baby has his last name and he's in the birth certificate as the father, we aren't married.

I came from a different country so all my family is there and I just simply can't afford to stay here with the baby because who's going to take care of him when i go out to work. Baby's just too young.
I have no idea what to do, I can't just take his baby away from him but I can't stay either. He wouln't let me go though. I don't want to stay. And i don't want to be in this disfunctional relationship anymore. I still love him though sad how can i love him when he's acting like this towards me? How do i leave him? Where do i go? What to do?

Please no negative comments or telling me off, i'm feeling down enough.

Zo94 Mon 20-Feb-17 03:55:18

*Rant, not rent before anyone points it out

StartledByHisFurryShorts Mon 20-Feb-17 04:08:17

I couldn't just read and run although I'm sure other people will be along with more useful advice soon.

You poor thing. Your current situation sounds untenable. Would you be entitled to benefits if you stayed in the UK? There is a website which I think will clarify this for you. Your baby presumably has British citizenship. Or can you return to your home country where you will get more support? It sounds like you'd feel bad taking your child away from his/her father but I reckon that's his lookout given that he's behaved like an unsupportive dickwad to you. Your baby will do just fine without him.

flowers to you. Please don't stay with someone you're scared of.

StartledByHisFurryShorts Mon 20-Feb-17 04:14:23

Just had a quick look at It's possible you may have a derivative right to reside depending on your circumstances.

StartledByHisFurryShorts Mon 20-Feb-17 04:24:41

Oh also, Zo, check out all the links at the top of this page. It sounds like you're in an emotionally abusive relationship. Women's Aid will be able to help you.

StartledByHisFurryShorts Mon 20-Feb-17 04:28:22

0808 2000 247

Zo94 Mon 20-Feb-17 04:59:48

Thank you, means a lot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: