Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How much do you contribute to work leaving collection?

(15 Posts)
sugarlost Sun 19-Feb-17 20:49:57

If it's someone you get on well with or someone your just polite with?
There is a high turnover of staff where I work and we are on the bottom end of the pay scale.
Thanks

Truckingalong Sun 19-Feb-17 20:51:55

In your situation, I would give absolutely nothing.

OnHold Sun 19-Feb-17 20:52:38

Couple of quid.

StillSeekingResponsibleAdult Sun 19-Feb-17 20:53:04

If it's someone I don't know well and it's a regular event, I probably wouldn't give.

For close friends I'd probably get them something individually, unless the collection was for something I knew they specifically wanted. Probably around £5 max.

I'm fairly near bottom of pay scale and part time.

thenightsky Sun 19-Feb-17 20:53:58

in our place it's accepted that £1 is the norm.

If it's one of your best workmates then £5

ivykaty44 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:54:26

A couple of quid, same position as you. I've been there a long time and we have a lot of temporary contracts so many collections

rookiemere Sun 19-Feb-17 20:55:39

If i like them and they have been there mire than five years- a fiver.
Most folk 2 or 3 quid. Contactors who get paid more thsn us permies, because they ate on fixed contracts - a pound if I like them, 50p if not.

DanyellasDonkey Sun 19-Feb-17 20:56:16

Not a bit turnover of staff here so usually a tenner. But then we know each other well and have all worked together for a long time

CactusFred Sun 19-Feb-17 21:01:14

A quid if I like them but don't know them well. £2-3 if I like them and know them well. A fiver if on my team and like them.

Nowt if I think person is a dick regardless of how well I know them.

Summerof85 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:02:18

I work in the NHS, there has been quite a few people leaving my place in the last few years.I'm part time. To be honest, if it's someone I don't know well, wouldn't give anything. Or I might give a couple of pounds to others. If someone I've worked with a while, would buy them something like a bottle of wine and an individual card, it is appreciated.

user1483387154 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:02:52

couple of quid if I dont know them well, 5 quid if we are friends

SleepingTiger Sun 19-Feb-17 21:05:45

If it's someone I get on with really well I put £2 in, if it's someone I don't I take £3 out. If I neither get on with them or dislike them, then it's nothing. I like to ensure a reasonable fund for when I leave.

BrownEyedLady Sun 19-Feb-17 21:05:58

If they're on my team, £5-10 depending on how much I love them. If it is anyone else, nothing. We have a massive department, too high a turnover and I'd be broke.

ivykaty44 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:19:56

We're not allowed to take money out of the collection tiger and the money is counted between the card and envelop being handed round from person to person

cheminotte Sun 19-Feb-17 21:22:08

£2 for most, £5 for someone on my team.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now