Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Blocked on Facebook

(16 Posts)
Crazycat1980 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:42:24

Bear with me on this.... I know you will say forget him but please let me know your instinct on this one.
Split up with ex five months ago. His decision. Said he couldn't see a future with me. I was heartbroken. Met someone else a few months later and it's going well with him but I do still think about my ex. Went to see what he's up to on Facebook. We are no longer friends but I wanted to look anyway. He has blocked me. I have not been contacting him or anything. In fact he contacted me before Christmas and I didn't reply. Why would be block me when I have not been hassling him? And why now after five months?

Maudlinmaud Sun 19-Feb-17 18:47:11

Maybe he had an inkling that you where looking at his profile and didn't like that, so he blocked you.

HerOtherHalf Sun 19-Feb-17 18:54:29

Because, as you said yourself, you are no longer friends. Get over it and move on emotionally.

beebeecee Sun 19-Feb-17 18:56:40

I'd hazard a guess that his ego was hurt when you didn't reply and so got "one up on you" by blocking. Forget about him.

Chops2016 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:57:46

Do you have mutual friends? Maybe he was fed up of seeing posts with his ex tagged pop up? It isn't important anyway, you have moved on and so has he.

HermioneJeanGranger Sun 19-Feb-17 19:12:37

I blocked my ex after six weeks no contact. He hadn't tried to message me either. It just made my life easier not to have him come up on my newsfeed constantly.

It wasn't done to upset him (I don't really care if he's upset, tbh), but it was more because he really hurt me and seeing him the OW and his new little "family" was too upsetting. I barely think about him now.

What I'm saying is, it might not be malicious. Maybe it's easier for him to have no contact and no way of seeing your profile/updates.

Montane50 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:17:14

It may be to try to stop himself trying to contact you again?

jbee1979 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:29:11

Block him back! Imagine his surprise the day he unblocks you, to have a wee stalk, and he can't find you! grin

BonnyScotland Sun 19-Feb-17 20:09:40

he's moving on...

iwannapuppy Sun 19-Feb-17 20:11:49

It maybe that he was two timing you and blocked you so you didn't see what he was up to and out him to the other woman. I've known men to do this on the past. Sorry and I really hope this isn't the case.

OnionKnight Sun 19-Feb-17 20:14:57

He probably knew that you were stalking him.

How can you block someone who has blocked you btw?

DrunkenMissOrderly Sun 19-Feb-17 20:17:19

I blocked my ex. He doesn't even use fb much. It just keeps things tidy. Don't read anything into it than a closed door.

honeyroar Sun 19-Feb-17 20:26:11

He might have had a mini strop when you didn't reply at Xmas and blocked you in a "stuff you then!" kind of way? Either way it doesn't matter, it's not a bad thing and will probably help you move on quicker if you can't peek at his page.

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 19-Feb-17 20:26:57

Forget him.

Crazycat1980 Mon 20-Feb-17 19:07:30

Thank you.
It's so hard to stop thinking about an ex. So many scenarios go thru your head.
I don't think he could know I've looked at his profile so I guess he just wants to cut off any way of seeing mine. All very sad. I just hope he is not regretting ending things as that would seem such a waste. I've really got to pull myself together now and stop looking for info on him.

Kittencatkins123 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:07:11

I always block people I split up with. It makes for a clean split. You can't know why he's blocked you - he might have done it to make the break up easier, he might just not want you to see what he's up to or be able to contact him.

It doesn't sound like you have yourself a lot of time to deal with the split before you moved on. Are you sure you're ready for the new guy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now