Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can't even think of a subject to sum it all up

(5 Posts)
SpecialMix Sun 19-Feb-17 11:25:24

I am not sure that "Relationships" is the correct topic.

I am pregnant and due on October 14th. I found out 5 days ago.

I never in my wildest dreams expected to be pregnant again. I have 5 wonderful children (4 girls and 1 boy). After my 5th was born, I was diagnosed with cancer and had 5 rounds of chemo. I was told I was unlikely to get pregnant again. I split with my husband when I was pregnant with my 5th baby and he has had nothing to do with the children since we split. He has never even met our youngest child who is now 6 years old.

Whilst I was going through chemo, I met a wonderful couple. The wife had the same type of cancer as me and her chemo was the same time as mine. They had 4 daughters so we had a lot in common and would chat a lot. Then one day she didn't come and I heard she had passed away.

A year later I was given the all clear. I started to take my children to an activity once a week and one day in walked the husband from the couple with his 4 girls. Every week we would chat about anything and everything. Another year passed and we became very close, but never saw each other without the children.

8 months ago we both admitted that we cared about each other more than just friends. We didn't tell our children and would meet up when the children were in school until 3 monts ago when we told them that we were an item. The children were all thrilled although of course we have had our problems.

Despite being in love, we had both said we would never live together until our children have all left home. However, I am now pregnant and of course we want to be together properly.

The children don't know about the baby although my 14 year old "joked" that she hopes I'm not pregnant because she's heard me throwing up.

I don't know what I'm asking for advice about really. Just looking for some support. I've been a single mum to 5 children for 6 years. I love his kids to bits but never imagined they would become "my" responsibility.

My boyfriend is over the moon with the baby and I am too but also absolutely terrified of the future.

noego Sun 19-Feb-17 12:08:59

What a wonderful story. Just embrace his love, your love and the children's love and LIVE.
No-one can predict the future. Live in the here and now.

xx

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 19-Feb-17 12:10:56

What a lovely thing to happen.!! Congratulations!!
Embrace your new future and live it to the full. . .

GoodDayToYou Sun 19-Feb-17 12:15:35

Congratulations!! flowers

I can only imagine what an incredibly courageous and strong woman you are. I think you'll be fine.

Ouriana Sun 19-Feb-17 12:16:24

So together this will be the tenth child in the new family, no wonder youre feeling overwhelmed!

Does this mean you now want to consider living together? Would this be possible practically and financially?

It may be hard in the short term and its a lot of adjustment for the children but congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now