Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i think he got me pregnant on purpose

(84 Posts)
SammieSalmon Sat 18-Feb-17 17:27:55

Im a single mum to a 13 month old hes the love of my life! I split with his dad just before i had him. Dont ask me why but a conversation with him about when/how i got pregnant whilst in the early stages. I remember him saying when he was behind me he took the condom off. We were on holiday and had been drinking. He was laughing but when i look back at the dates around that night was when i got pregnant

Cherrysoup Sat 18-Feb-17 17:38:41

What's your point? It was a nasty trick to pull on you, but not quite sure what you want from the post?

Lweji Sat 18-Feb-17 17:42:31

It amounts to rape.

RebelRogue Sat 18-Feb-17 17:43:07

Did you know at the time he took the condom off? Did that happen previously or after?
Even if he did,which is completely fucked up and possibly worse, what would you like to happen now? How does that change things?
We could say if it's likely or not,but none of us know what was in his head at the time.

SaudadeObama Sat 18-Feb-17 17:44:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SloanyAnne Sat 18-Feb-17 17:45:42

That's non consensual and you would have cause to contact the police.

OreoCat Sat 18-Feb-17 17:46:28

If your consent is based on the use of a condom, and that person removes the condom, then you have not consented.

Don't see how that is hard to understand? confused

OurBlanche Sat 18-Feb-17 17:46:46

How? Taking a condom off is not rape! ! Think it through...

RebelRogue Sat 18-Feb-17 17:46:57

Saudade it can be if the consent is only given on the condition of safe sex(wearing a condom) and said condom is removed without the woman's knowledge and consent and/or she's in a position where she can't do anything about it.

OreoCat Sat 18-Feb-17 17:46:59

My message was directed to Saudade not OP

Slimmingsnake Sat 18-Feb-17 17:50:06

Didn't want to read and run...he sounds like a dick chancing his luck...nasty behaviour..you are well rid of him..make sure he is giving you the correct amount of financial support.

Holly3434 Sat 18-Feb-17 17:51:27

It's more likely to be gbh. She consented to sex

UnbornMortificado Sat 18-Feb-17 17:52:04

I'm sorry that's horrible flowers

UnbornMortificado Sat 18-Feb-17 17:54:27

It's not gbh it's rape.

Consenting to protected sex doesn't mean consenting to unprotected sex.

It's like saying because you have give consent for vaginal sex it gives your partner permission to have anal sex with you.

RaisinsAndApple Sat 18-Feb-17 17:55:57

Sex without a condom, where the woman has not consented to sex without a condom, such as in this situation, is legally classed as rape in English law.

Holly3434 Sat 18-Feb-17 17:56:13

I actually read a story a guy once had hiv he had women consented to sex took condom off to on purpose infect them most they got him on was gbh

creampinkrose Sat 18-Feb-17 17:56:17

It certainly is rape

FenellaMaxwellsPony Sat 18-Feb-17 17:56:41

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jan/16/removing-condom-without-permission-rape-swiss-court-definition-non-consensual-sex?client=safari

Gallavich Sat 18-Feb-17 17:58:15

How? Taking a condom off is not rape! ! confused

She didn't consent to that.

UnbornMortificado Sat 18-Feb-17 17:58:28

Holly I imagine passing HIV covertly on could be counted as GBH.

I think I recall the story actually.

RebelRogue Sat 18-Feb-17 17:58:56

This is why OP needs to clarify some things. Was this a common occurrence? Was she aware? Was she too drunk to realise/protest?

SaudadeObama Sat 18-Feb-17 17:59:57

Okay so if a woman says she's wearing a femidom or on the pill but isn't, then that's rape too then.

creampinkrose Sat 18-Feb-17 18:00:04

It doesn't matter if she was drunk, wearing a short skirt, whatever.

It's still rape.

OurBlanche Sat 18-Feb-17 18:01:16

No... you need to use Google and see what the definition of rape is.. clue: it necessitates penetration!

RainbowsAndUnicorn Sat 18-Feb-17 18:02:22

If it's rape to remove the condom, is the woman committing rape if she lies about being on the pill etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now