Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am RAGING

(176 Posts)
Iamfuckingraging Fri 17-Feb-17 20:30:21

Ladies help me, I've had an argument with dp and he has said some really really hurtful things. How do you all calm yourself down when you cannot believe what has been said??? I'm pasing, I have no wine in the fridge, my jaw is taking all the stress and tensions and I feel like its about to fall off (I unconsciously grind my teeth when angry)

How do you all woosah? For what it's worth I literally never get angry, it's takes so much to get me there and in this instance it has.

Please give me woke pointers before I rip my own hair out and pull doors off the hinges.

Also I have no children in the house so please don't worry about that.

Tyia 😠😭

Iamfuckingraging Fri 17-Feb-17 20:30:40

Some pointers*

wishparry Fri 17-Feb-17 20:33:09

Nice hot bath.some chocolates,then nip to the shop for some wine smile

wishparry Fri 17-Feb-17 20:34:40

Or perhaps a joke...
what's brown and sticky?
A stick..
I'm not the best at jokes but perhaps somebody else will be able to help with that.

Liara Fri 17-Feb-17 20:35:12

Go for a walk. Fresh air always calms me down.

Although if it was something dh had done that had me in a rage I'd just have it out with him tbh.

JobsAGoodun Fri 17-Feb-17 20:36:42

Go out for a walk in the cold air! Big strides and possibly a cry. Then back for a hot bath.

BrownEyedLady Fri 17-Feb-17 20:37:28

Grab a pillow and have a good scream.

HecateAntaia Fri 17-Feb-17 20:37:41

i tell the person how angry i am and talk it through.

but if that is not possible then i pour myself a vodka and fantasise about killing them

BrownEyedLady Fri 17-Feb-17 20:38:40

Hecate that response made me chuckle!

inlectorecumbit Fri 17-Feb-17 20:38:41

go for a walk and buy a crate of wine...and crisps .

Plot revenge in hot bath.

flowers

SmileEachDay Fri 17-Feb-17 20:39:14

Go for a run. I always do my best times when I'm rage running.

Run to the shop to get some wine.

Then run back.

But don't forget a backpack or you'll look like crazy wine running lady.

You want to talk about what was said?

AhYerWill Fri 17-Feb-17 20:43:15

I go do some exercise - go for a run or to the gym, anything to knacker myself out. When you're that wound up it's pretty much the fight or flight reponse kicking in - easiest way to release the stress is to do what your body has just primed itself for....

Iamfuckingraging Fri 17-Feb-17 20:46:41

Ladies thank you all so much for your responses ❤ my mum is on her way with wine the little beaut ❤
OK so it's wearing down now a little, I've just taken 5 kalms.
Yes ladies I would love to vent with you all... I'll go get my laptop 😚 (on my phone at the moment)

Thank you all again 💞

BertieBotts Fri 17-Feb-17 20:47:20

Go for a walk. Preferably to the shop but walking on my own in the dark just getting some fresh air and being near water always help me to get some perspective.

What on earth has he said though?!

SmileEachDay Fri 17-Feb-17 20:48:29

<gets tissues, voodoo doll, Valium, gin, tea, cake, crisps>

What? WHAT? I'm just being prepared.

letmesleep123 Fri 17-Feb-17 20:49:15

Another vote here for going for a run. My best results were when I was really annoyed with dh. Running to a shop to get a bottle of wine (or a tub of Ben n Jerrys) is a genius idea. Can't believe I have not thought of that!

ApproachingATunnel Fri 17-Feb-17 20:51:45

I rip into person who made me feel like that and dont calm down until they either listen or i make them feel equally as bad! Not really helpful, i know. I he still around?

SmileEachDay Fri 17-Feb-17 20:53:46

It's a bit hurty on your back, bouncing around. This is mitigated somewhat by strategically packed bags of peanuts.

Or so my friends tell me. <innocent face>

Beeziekn33ze Fri 17-Feb-17 20:54:10

Cleaning or gardening does it for me. I wouldn't like to say what I imagine I'm doing with the spade!!

CherrySkull Fri 17-Feb-17 20:56:25

i find screaming into a pillow and/or beating the crap out of it usually help!

SuperFlyHigh Fri 17-Feb-17 20:57:36

A walk, longer than 10 minutes but a walk.

If all else fails then gin helps.

LexieLulu Fri 17-Feb-17 20:58:37

I cry, which is weird as I'm not a crier at all. But sometimes when I get too angry, I just take myself to bed and have a cry.

It doesn't make me feel better so to speak, but it switches the anger to upset which I can deal with

londonrach Fri 17-Feb-17 21:06:04

One word....chocolate!!! 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

SeptemberBlues Fri 17-Feb-17 21:07:08

Go for a run. It's literally the only thing that works for me, and I don't worry about my safety on a night run because I'm so cross I'll be glowing with danger signs.

SpringsInMySteps Fri 17-Feb-17 21:09:09

Your adrenaline and cortisol are racing around your bloodstream. Affecting your brain and your heart. You need to fight or flight. You don't want to fight so you have to do the flight.

So a really brisk walk or run. Get your heart-rate up. Slightly out of breath. Your body will recognise this as getting you out of "danger" and the adrenaline/cortisol will dissipate. You will feel calmer.

Tis just chemicals.

<Then drink and eat chocolate>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now